News   Mar 28, 2024
 456     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 307     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 328     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Is it possible to build some kinds of railway so there could be a Stouffville line branch that go through STC, Centennial and UTSC after passing Lawrence Station. Just like the UP express on Kitchner line.

I hope you are not trying to bring logic, financial responsibility, and expansion based upon need into the conversation? That kind of talk has no place in Toronto transit planning. I think an apology is in order.

I agree we should build the Scarborough subway by increasing the levy of any overrun to people like Coffey1. We should bill them for the operation cost too.

As for the transit levy, we should just levy everyone 5 times more to pay for all the other projects. It's not fair that property owners in TO are all paying for this dumb subway. Tory and Keesmaat are totally bias people too. They turn a decent 3 stop subway into an one stop sh**way. Shame on them.

I don't think anyone anti stc subway needs to go protest. Could be wrong of course but I am pretty sure that what will happen is the one stop subway will be dropped with either a LRT as a replacement or a new ST stop. If people are cost sensitive when paying fares they should probably chose LRT because there is good reason to think that ST will carry some sort of premium over a TTC fare, despite what they are telling us now. If you don't trust politicians in general, you cant trust them when they suddenly tell you something you want to hear.

Is it possible to build some kinds of railway so there could be a Stouffville line branch that go through STC, Centennial and UTSC after passing Lawrence Station. Just like the UP express on Kitchner line.

You ... you mean ... some kind of "above ground subway"? Why, that idea's so crazy, it just might work!

Well sitting on your behind and whining on this site won't do anything. Go down to City Hall and protest like BLM!
What's the point in complaining. Back when it mattered in 2013 and 2014, "Subway Champion" Mitzi Hunter was elected, followed by the Liberals getting a majority. That was when there was an opportunity to change the plans, and ALL voters across Toronto voted for the Scarborough Subway.

What's the point in complaining. Back when it mattered in 2013 and 2014, "Subway Champion" Mitzi Hunter was elected, followed by the Liberals getting a majority. That was when there was an opportunity to change the plans, and ALL voters across Toronto voted for the Scarborough Subway.

Yet, I didn't see that question on the ballot!!

I'm pretty sure people who do not live in Scarborough voted and God knows that people who do not live in Scarborough don't care at all if Scarborough gets even one red cent.

The NDP always score high in-between elections then manage to fizzle out by the time votes are cast. Nothing that's not predictable.

Unless things change.

Currently:
Wynne has an approval rating of 18%.
Brown has an approval rating of 22%.
Horwath has an approval rating of 33%.​

1. Approval rating of a leader isn't the same as approval or disapproval of the party or their ideals.

2. In past elections, prior to the beginning of the campaigns the Liberals have generally polled lower, and then spiked back up during the campaign.

Who knows how the next election will go, but if I had to put money down I'd say we'll see a Liberal minority. But hopefully (HOPEFULLY) the NDP can get their act together and be a proper alternative to the Liberals (they won't, but I'll dream).

Back