Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Ditching the base was the biggest mistake here. The boot justified the curves above. The way it was built, the curve abruptly stops at the ground. I hope that that could be remedied somewhat if they plant some large trees at the base. The tower would then emerge from foliage rather than a cold concrete ground.

I don't mind the window wall on the sides. It's an interesting contrast with the smooth curtainwall on the front. While I don't particularly like the powder blue because it looks weathered or sun discoloured, I think that we might yet be surprised because this tower was never washed. Once it's finished and cleaned up, it might end up looking nicer than we expect.

I don't think washing it will make much of a difference. And every building in the winter is covered in dirt.

I don't even think the Thompson Hotel windows have ever been washed either.

Has this building been registered yet? or are they waiting until the whole crane thing is sorted out?

At first I did not care but now that crane is really becoming an eye sore.

It still got some way to go before getting to this level of notoriety:

2008_-_Top_of_the_Ryugyong_Hotel%2C_Pyongyang.jpg

(Ryugyong Hotel, Pyongyang - From Wiki)

AoD

Considering the astronomical rental rates the crane companies charge, I can only assume the builders bought the damn thing outright.
This thing must be holding some kind of record for the length of time it's been up.

What is the issue with the crane? Have they not figured out a way to bring it down? Can't a helicopter be used to disassemble it?

It's because the window washing equipment hasn't been installed yet. There's no big mystery.

The exterior tower crane will remain up through the balance of January and February. In March the new derrick will be lifted to the top of the L Tower to enable the installation of the permanent maintenance platform for the building. The tower crane would then be dismantled. We will have updates on the timing of this as they become available.

For those who have not seen Barcelona's Sagrada Familia in person, and are wondering about the above image - believe me, pictures absolutely do not do this building justice. It is really an amazing sight in person.

That article is a perfect snapshot of the incompetence responsible for this fiasco. The crane was to come down a month after August 2015? Then in November 2015?

Then the developer asks tenants to 'please be patient,' but doesn't elaborate why it has broken numerous deadlines?

Feel badly for those living there.

Back