News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 361     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 928     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

It would make more sense to just ask the city for the additional density-hieght, rather than reverse engineering a building already under construction.

Update from today.

img3444hf1.jpg

img3447ow4.jpg

img3450gx3.jpg

img3452wp4.jpg

img3453ru1.jpg

img3454qx6.jpg

img3455ku6.jpg

img3456fz9.jpg

img3459zh9.jpg

I noticed last week that they seem to have done the same thing as that site west of University - put in some big pipes braced between the elevator core and the edge of the hole to shore up the side of the hole.

There appears to be steel on the lower levels of the Bay Adelaide Centre. -

...DT Geek is correct.

The Steel Has Arrived!

:)

Just incase you tune into this thread at night and have missed the action. Here is a freeze frame

thesteelqh0.jpg

I noticed last week that they seem to have done the same thing as that site west of University - put in some big pipes braced between the elevator core and the edge of the hole to shore up the side of the hole.

They did this on the south side to keep Adelaide at bay. But DT and Cal are correct that there is structural steel visable on the east side for the first floor. I walked by tonight and you can see it from the street. Steel with a cement core it is then!

I was not going to post an update, but as I walked past they were putting some HVAC units, at least thats what they looked like.

DSC_1206.jpg

DSC_1205.jpg

DSC_1208.jpg

DSC_1207.jpg

Nice Update. - I'm assuming those units are too big to put in after the building has been completed. Or the cost would be prohibitive. Plus during construction they might come in handy when the building's lower floors have been enclosed.

I dont think they will be used for sometim, however when you read the writing on the units, it suggess some have to be stacked, so installing them while they have the ability to move them with the crane I am sure really avoids many headaches.

Those units have been sitting at the eastern portion of the site for sometime now, so it was just a matter of time before they were put in.

Now the question is what are there exact use. I doubt they are air con units, I believe they are fire suppression fans, that blow air into fire stair cases which causes pressure which means that they fire stairwells stay smoke free.

I was told last year by one of the contractors involved that a good deal of mechanical equipment was installed under the stump back in the late 80's, which serviced the parking garage (thusly becoming the world's most expensive parking garage) and will remain and service the new B/A tower.

OK, these people are workholics. I walked by at 8 am they were already working. Go by at 7:30, still people at work. Are they really behind or are they really trying to put trump to shame?

Back