Forum member SkyJacked has captured an awesome shot for us to enjoy today. Up close and personal with an "A-frame sheave block." That's shop-talk for a particular component of a crane, in this case the one atop L Tower. Juxtaposed against the city below, and in commanding bright red, it makes for a dynamic image. And gives us regular folks a chance to see some of the amazing machinery used to build all the towers that surround us.
popular dataBase projects
- The @FortYork Visitor Centre opens this weekend with a festival. Check out: http://t.co/4OW3kNVFYi #Toronto @KearnsMancini @PatkauArchitect — 2 days 6 hours ago
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is @UniSuites, a new #condo #development by PRK coming soon to #Kingston http://t.co/FztKx5VXrQ — 2 days 9 hours ago
- Construction on The Madison #condos by Madison Homes ramping up on Eglinton east of Yonge in Midtown #Toronto http://t.co/Z9MiLwBJzH — 2 days 12 hours ago
- Opening of @FortYork Visitor Ctr is Lieutenant Gov David C Onley's last official public event. #jobwelldone http://t.co/q3eBugTLGj — 2 days 13 hours ago
- Deputy #Toronto Mayor @NormKelly2014 declares Fort York "the birthplace of Urban Toronto". Thanks for the shoutout! — 2 days 13 hours ago
- Opening ceremony under way for the @FortYork Visitor Ctr. Space under the Gardiner reclaimed for #Toronto citizens. http://t.co/FnvcLS8rkF — 2 days 13 hours ago