Forum member SkyJacked has captured an awesome shot for us to enjoy today. Up close and personal with an "A-frame sheave block." That's shop-talk for a particular component of a crane, in this case the one atop L Tower. Juxtaposed against the city below, and in commanding bright red, it makes for a dynamic image. And gives us regular folks a chance to see some of the amazing machinery used to build all the towers that surround us.
popular dataBase projects
- Progress at Waterllnk #condos at Pier 27 by @CityzenGroup and Fernbrook http://t.co/3G86xf2wbv #TOdevelopment — 5 hours 21 min ago
- Toronto Chief Planner @jen_keesmaat talks up the Planning Dept's 1st Annual Report http://t.co/KrGNCAfrqR #TOdevelopment — 6 hours 9 min ago
- Celsius #Condos by Shiu Pong just shy of topping out in #NorthYorkCentre http://t.co/JrCMWEz8yp #TOdevelopment — 9 hours 28 min ago
- Cranes at Wilshire Grand supertall #urbantoronto #urbanlosangeles #skyscrapers #picoftheday… http://t.co/q9OtsShzGX — 9 hours 46 min ago
- A little Walt and a little Frank in LA #urbantoronto #urbanlosangeles #gehry #disney #losangeles… http://t.co/enYm05Pdxa — 1 day 11 hours ago
- Whiskey A Go Go at Sunset and Clark. New UrbanLA residence #urbantoronto #urbanlosangeles #losangeles… http://t.co/sf9w9zsvwB — 2 days 12 hours ago