Forum member SkyJacked has captured an awesome shot for us to enjoy today. Up close and personal with an "A-frame sheave block." That's shop-talk for a particular component of a crane, in this case the one atop L Tower. Juxtaposed against the city below, and in commanding bright red, it makes for a dynamic image. And gives us regular folks a chance to see some of the amazing machinery used to build all the towers that surround us.
popular dataBase projects
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is #BlueDiamond #Condos by @Camrost, coming soon to St. Clair Avenue West in #Toronto. http://t.co/J5PUtbP7fH — 1 day 10 hours ago
- KingSett Capital is planning a major #development on Yonge St with a bridge high in the sky. http://t.co/9sO4eanw1b #Toronto @QuadrangleArch — 1 day 12 hours ago
- Artist @DougCoupland's new "Four Seasons" installation officially unveiled at #ELAD's Emerald City in North York! http://t.co/UJSZce24KW — 1 day 13 hours ago
- The revitalization of #Toronto's Alexandra Park community is well under way, including construction of @Tridel's #SQ. http://t.co/ZiBZWFnmUJ — 1 day 14 hours ago
- Ontario creating 2 new programs to promote #cycling as viable transportation in the province. http://t.co/lMqTCEGHB0 — 1 day 15 hours ago
- Public input is being sought on reforms to four acts covering municipal government in Ontario http://t.co/2Y72KzPDeB #Toronto #TOpoli — 1 day 17 hours ago