Forum member SkyJacked has captured an awesome shot for us to enjoy today. Up close and personal with an "A-frame sheave block." That's shop-talk for a particular component of a crane, in this case the one atop L Tower. Juxtaposed against the city below, and in commanding bright red, it makes for a dynamic image. And gives us regular folks a chance to see some of the amazing machinery used to build all the towers that surround us.
popular dataBase projects
- Plans for an interim St Lawrence Market north bldg have been revealed http://t.co/G6NAHsJA1V #Toronto — 2 hours 42 min ago
- We turn back the clocks on @GreatGulf's One Bloor East in this week's #ThrowbackThursday http://t.co/YCpfUhkS13 #TBT — 4 hours 28 min ago
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is #Aquavista at Bayside, @Tridel's new #condo development coming to #Toronto's waterfront http://t.co/6xHrnUzKvX — 5 hours 29 min ago
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is #KeyWest by Times Group, currently under construction in the Humber Bay Shores area. http://t.co/AAzRFRynTz — 19 hours 29 min ago
- A 52-storey #condominium is proposed for the corner of Church and Charles Streets in Downtown #Toronto http://t.co/oo2eSHzrZw — 21 hours 9 min ago
- Demolition is underway at the World's Biggest Bookstore site, while plans for a redevelopment are under way. http://t.co/zLiCJpjv37 #Toronto — 1 day 8 min ago