Forum member SkyJacked has captured an awesome shot for us to enjoy today. Up close and personal with an "A-frame sheave block." That's shop-talk for a particular component of a crane, in this case the one atop L Tower. Juxtaposed against the city below, and in commanding bright red, it makes for a dynamic image. And gives us regular folks a chance to see some of the amazing machinery used to build all the towers that surround us.
popular dataBase projects
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is Westlake Encore by @onnigroup, coming soon to the Humber Bay waterfront! http://t.co/tqsUWrQ3af — 15 hours 32 min ago
- King Plus #Condos now rising well above the heritage facade of the National Hotel on the east side of Dntn #Toronto http://t.co/kbEI14QVPD — 16 hours 30 min ago
- Cladding installation is under way at the Parliament St Data Ctr, a unique project beside #Toronto's Distillery Dist. http://t.co/cJUBdIShs0 — 17 hours 27 min ago
- @RyersonU is holding a public symposium to focus on how institutions can better act as city-builders. http://t.co/E2556YSZQU #Toronto — 18 hours 19 min ago
- This is the unbelievable view from the future amenity terrace at @DanielsHighPark #Toronto #condo http://t.co/JH7h738Mrl — 19 hours 37 min ago
- The Ossington Luxury Townhomes offer British city-inspired living just beyond Downtown #Toronto http://t.co/BBjVXa10jM @DunparHomes #condos — 20 hours 45 min ago