Forum member SkyJacked has captured an awesome shot for us to enjoy today. Up close and personal with an "A-frame sheave block." That's shop-talk for a particular component of a crane, in this case the one atop L Tower. Juxtaposed against the city below, and in commanding bright red, it makes for a dynamic image. And gives us regular folks a chance to see some of the amazing machinery used to build all the towers that surround us.
popular dataBase projects
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is Riverside Square, a new #condo project by @STREETCARlofts, coming soon to Queen and DVP. http://t.co/VOwOlAO2E8 — 4 hours 11 min ago
- The Carnaby by @STREETCARlofts now rises a full 20-storeys above West Queen West at Dufferin: http://t.co/hmZgVLzJuR #Toronto #condos — 6 hours 43 min ago
- We are back at Tableau #condos to check out the lofty landmark tabletop podium http://t.co/MBCoX7D2UM #Toronto @UrbanCapital — 8 hours 38 min ago
- The final round of voting has begun for the overall Best Building of 2014. Cast your vote now! http://t.co/L9ln0rgJEm #UTBestOf14 — 10 hours 1 min ago
- The new 27-storey @HotelXToronto at @ExPlaceTO is starting to make quite the impact from Lake Shore Boulevard. http://t.co/Y5eHF47Igh — 10 hours 19 min ago
- Clifford Korman of @KirkorArchitect talks about ZIGG #Condos' design http://t.co/0LhwbBfd6X #Toronto @Fieldgatehomes @mymadisonhome — 11 hours 16 min ago