Forum member SkyJacked has captured an awesome shot for us to enjoy today. Up close and personal with an "A-frame sheave block." That's shop-talk for a particular component of a crane, in this case the one atop L Tower. Juxtaposed against the city below, and in commanding bright red, it makes for a dynamic image. And gives us regular folks a chance to see some of the amazing machinery used to build all the towers that surround us.
popular dataBase projects
- More of the design details of @AlliedREIT's QRC West are appearing on the office building as construction progresses. http://t.co/kwi1LlpOpI — 4 hours 19 min ago
- What were the hottest stories, threads, and dataBase files on UrbanToronto in September? These projects fascinated: http://t.co/ANJzX59UCm — 6 hours 19 min ago
- Concord Adex has submitted an application to the City of #Toronto to build its skyscraping 'Signature' #condo towers. http://t.co/OneRJcFL2Q — 7 hours 6 min ago
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is The Berwick by Andrin Homes, currently under construction near Yonge and Eglinton http://t.co/GavaMAswgm — 9 hours 18 min ago
- An infrared shot of the #Toronto #skyline viewed from the Chester Hill Lookout is featured as today's #PhotoOfTheDay. http://t.co/YyMqxHLuJs — 9 hours 23 min ago
- New @GOtransit bus terminal slated for massive Bay St #Toronto #development. Get the full story! http://t.co/NaME8y7RFg — 22 hours 23 min ago