Forum member SkyJacked has captured an awesome shot for us to enjoy today. Up close and personal with an "A-frame sheave block." That's shop-talk for a particular component of a crane, in this case the one atop L Tower. Juxtaposed against the city below, and in commanding bright red, it makes for a dynamic image. And gives us regular folks a chance to see some of the amazing machinery used to build all the towers that surround us.
popular dataBase projects
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is #Arthaus by @DevMcGill, now under construction in #Ottawa https://t.co/bAmkZ82YWI https://t.co/jHnasgHAEA — 2 days 5 hours ago
- 43-storey tower at Bay + Scollard well received by Yorkvillers @UrbaconBuilding @FosterPartners @RAW_TO https://t.co/mdO1JkxTzM #Toronto — 2 days 7 hours ago
- Proposal at 48 Power grows in scope as @GreatGulf & @HullmarkDev submit @core_architects design to City of #Toronto https://t.co/fcFIXVj9EV — 2 days 8 hours ago
- Public consultations are coming across the #GTHA on huge #transit upgrades, expansion, integration. Here's the list: https://t.co/Dp8rPpx7hn — 2 days 10 hours ago
- Ottawa's urban renaissance similar to Toronto's, but luxury can be had there at a lower price: https://t.co/HbpEpvghaU @DevMcGill #ArtHaus — 2 days 11 hours ago
- Karma & YC #Condos, under construction side-by-side in Downtown #Toronto, are both tall and deep. Here's the latest: https://t.co/FnqUJOpUhk — 2 days 12 hours ago