Sourced by our moderator AlvinofDiaspar, and taken by Waterfront Toronto, this picture provides an evening view of one of the city's newest parks. Located under and around the Eastern Avenue, Richmond and Adelaide overpasses, this initial phase of Underpass Park carves a new public space out of an area previously thought to be irreparably severed from the city around it. The creation of this park is a test as to whether a viable and vibrant public space can exist in the shadow of such a domineering piece of infrastructure. Can an aesthetic value be found in the monumentality of the expressway or is it just an obnoxious intrusion?
Photo of the Day: Hot Pink Underpass Park
April 5, 2012 10:00 am | by Evan Manning | Comments
popular dataBase projects
- Images of a Zeidler-designed 69-storey Queen & Yonge tower for Cadillac Fairview were not quite ready when leaked. t.co/C6eLy6LAuK
- @larrylarry @ibigroup Thanks for catching that! The article, she's fixed!
- The latest work @RipleysAquaCA and @TourCNTower Entry Pavilion now hints at the final look. We catch up with progress t.co/vgNv8muzLs
- Toronto's look and feel comes from more than the work of architects. KDA's work also permeates our bustling town. t.co/S3gtChKi4X
- @SkyJacked793 Need to get you on this project
- @TheDirtCo rental is cool!