News   May 06, 2024
 586     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 543     0 

Yorkville Ave - The Push Towards Yonge?

arcitekt

Member Bio
Reaction score
There has been mention that there is a current push of Yorkville towards Yonge Street. In my eyes, this seems partially true. Yes, there is the new Four Seasons being constructed on the eastern portion of Yorkville, but leaving that site aside, there is only 1 more possible development i can foresee on the eastern part of Yorkville, and that would be the Green P lot to the south of the Four Seasons.

There is commercial retail/marvel cosmetics school across the Yorkville Fire Hall, but are these sites possible for re-development, even though they are opposite the historic Fire Hall and Yorkville Library? The City Plan calls for preservation of the Fire Hall by not to obstructing it in any way - shadows, views, etc.

Is it likely we will see future developments on the Eastern portion of Yorkville at the commercial buildings and Marvel Cosmetics location (next to the Green P)?

And if so, do you think it would be in the likes of an 18 storey building? or a 55 like the Four Seasons?

I was looking at that city parking lot the other day wondering how long it would last. The addition of the Four Seasons to the area makes development of that site very desirable. Not only that but the street isn't wide enough for that type of garage to work. The street ( and the sidewalk) are constantly plugged by cars trying to get into the parking lot. Probably the best solution is for the city to go into a partnership with a developer and retain ownership of the parking. I think they did this down the street at 100 Yorkville but I don't know the details.

what's your view on the buildings to the east of the Parking Lot? (not the Heritage ones, 1,3,5,7,9 Yorkville). Do you see a future development there? or is it hindered due to the Fire Hall?

I'm not sure, but if you look at the current 4 Seasons on Avenue Rd., you can probably see the future. It's surrounded by beautiful high end stores and residences. If I had a say in the matter, I'd like to see a mews extending from Yorkville to Cumberland. Maybe 3 or 4 storeys, ground floor retail and the rest residential, cobblestone and architecture to match the Town Hall & FireHall.

Back