News   May 17, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 831     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 7.1K     7 

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

Any news on whether Superdry is coming to Yorkdale? There was a rumour that it was supposed to be part of the most recent expansion, but no store has opened yet.

As per Retail Insider:

Sears has sold back its lease to landlord Oxford Properties.

http://www.retail-insider.com/2013/06/sears-canada-sells-its-yorkdale-and.html

(also sold lease at Square One)

Could this signal the arrival of Simons ? or even a re organization of stores to allow for a Saks Store now that it has been purchased by HBC and not opening in one of the most productive malls in NA would be rather unintelligent ... i could see the arrival of both saks and Simons along with Nordstrom as Yorkdale is kind of a Super Mall

Could this signal the arrival of Simons ? or even a re organization of stores to allow for a Saks Store now that it has been purchased by HBC and not opening in one of the most productive malls in NA would be rather unintelligent ... i could see the arrival of both saks and Simons along with Nordstrom as Yorkdale is kind of a Super Mall

I think Saks would only open at Yorkdale if Toronto gets two stores. Makes ZERO sense for Saks NOT to be downtown. Simons is more likely.

I think Saks would only open at Yorkdale if Toronto gets two stores. Makes ZERO sense for Saks NOT to be downtown. Simons is more likely.
the chances are that Toronto will get two Saks stores as every Luxury Retailer opens both a Flag ship on bloor as well as a Yorkdale Location Mainly because Yorkdale Attracts Affluent Suburbanites From Places like Klienberg and Caledon which would rather drive to yorkdale then Trek down to Bloor ... Especially in the Winter months

new wing of Harry Rosen is now opened

dttg.jpg

I'll give the nod to Sherway. At least you can move around the mall without getting drowned in teeny boppers and princesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give the nod to Sherway. At least you can move around the mall without getting drowned in teeny boppers and princesses.

see that's exactly why I prefer Yorkdale. It feels like a miniature city. There is some sort of energy in it. Sherway on the other hand feels like a private island for the super rich to do their shopping in complete peace and then go home to their mansion. Yorkdale has just as many upscale stores yet it feels much less ultra snobbish and it has people from all classes and all races. This is coming from someone who shops at Holts, Harry Rosen, Birks and lives on the Forest Hill border. I have the money but I hate how I feel when I'm at Sherway.

Back