News   May 06, 2024
 402     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 726     0 

Yonge Street Development

Yeah I remember when they announced FIVE St. Joseph and the reaction here was like "This has been our fantasy for ages!". And now it's just one of many. Although it's one of only two proposals or so that actually set the tower back from Yonge behind heritage buildings.

exciting development for Yonge, especially the college-Bloor stretch.
wondering if similar developements would happen to Queen and Dundas street West, the most part of which is even in a worse condition, both being commerical streets.

I get the sensation that two of the most latest improvements are merely "placeholders", and those are 10 Dundas E (formerly Greater Lifestyle Square) and the contributed ability put up by Canada Fatigue and Ryerson School at Bay/Dundas. On both packages, powerful progression can be met, and seriously if a longer period had handed down before those two barf-ups were designed, something quite different may have took place.

In hot Greater, the replacing of these two houses so swiftly is not out of the issue. I recognition when the Master Simcoe Resort at King/University was replaced; individuals were stunned that such a "young-ish" developing was being razed.

We're existing in exciting moments. Let's see how extensive these two houses endure. This is not just wishful considering, but there may be a part of that in my words

Best. Post. Ever.

Walking down Yonge on this dreary day I was reminded that it is also home to one of the most dreary looking towers, the Scientology building. What is the deal with this place? Does Scientology rent the whole thing? Are there other tenants? Are they businesses or residences?

I wonder how long until one of those rusting air conditioners hanging out of the building falls out and kills someone.

Last edited:
Actually, I love that building in its present state. "Dirty Sachlichkeit", I call it.

The Scientology building is one of the favourites in the area. Despite the tenants, it has real character and should be designated in my opinion. The wrap around windows are proportioned so well and it meets the street very comfortably.

Back