News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 579     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Yonge Line Weekend Shutdowns....

15 minute headway today
Its quite nice for the TTC to pack everyone on a Yonge shuttle or have then use the US portion of the subway followed by streetcars, when they could of taken advantage of the Bay route and somehow spread out the load so that Yonge isn't the only one bottlenecking as a direct N-S connection aside the University-Spadina line and possibly fill up some otherwise empty buses

The Bay bus has been neglected for some time -- I no longer consider it a reliable option and I live two blocks away. I believe it is on the list of off-peak cuts, too.

The Bay bus has been neglected for some time -- I no longer consider it a reliable option and I live two blocks away. I believe it is on the list of off-peak cuts, too.

The 6 Bay bus is also on the list for service reduction, no service after 10 P.M. every day, if implemented. In other words, lousy service as an alternate route.

For future consideration, Rosedale was a bona fide transfer point between SB buses and the subway (less so NB, due to bus queue). You can wait on the bus, as opposed to outside at Yonge/Bloor.

All stops were being served -- not just subway streets.

Wellesley remained open, with 94s looping. College station appeared shut.

Serious crowding on some buses, even late Sunday. Occasionally next bus was in sight, with more space.

ed

It never ceases to amaze me how incapable people are of using the other side of the loop. Go to New York where maintenance related closures happen daily (full weekends and nights) and people just use other lines. The TTC could allow greater flexibility on wheeltrans, and just let everyone else walk or use the streetcars to get to the University side. A better use for the buses is to create shuttles between Yonge and University on the existing streetcar lines.

More crossover tracks are excellent. I think that they should just say that for 3 weekends, there is no subway service between Eglinton and Union. Use that time to also repair/replace escalators, staircases, and whatever else.

What I don't understand is why the subway shuttle buses are making all stops? Like the whole point of a subway shuttle is to try to replicate subway service aka stopping at subway stops.

Back