News   May 03, 2024
 564     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 356     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 201     0 

wonderboy905 to become wonderboy416...

There's a Subway at Front and Church as well though I stick with Mr. Sub.

I was actually wondering whether that "opera house" response was meant with deliberate irony...

adma wins the prize.

FM: Are you going to be the future mayor of Melbourne too? Are you taking over all the 'M' cities first in your campaign for world domination? And ... is he cute?

Will probably wind up the future mayor of McKeesport, PA at this rate...

you may find over time that you will lessen your reliance on the car and the need for so much parking and highway access. Those are suburban concerns.

you may find over time that you will lessen your reliance on the car and the need for so much parking and highway access. Those are suburban concerns.

I imagine my reliance on the car will be limited to driving to/from work (now way am I trekking out to kipling and then taking a bus into work from there via ttc when I can zoom into work in under 20 minutes for a few dollars worth of gas...) and to whenever I need to venture out of the city to visit friends/family, go golfing, go to ikea etc.. I still can't imagine NOT having a car, but I also imagine NOT using it nearly as much as I do now, it's a win/win situation. I realize the monthly payments, + insurance, gas and basic maintenance are going to eat up about $500-600/month but that's a small price to pay for the huge conveinance it adds, the street parking permit I secured is only $10/month which really adds to the value. I pay more for my car now since I drive a lot more (will be offset partially by an increase in my insurance) and I pay more for basic living exenses now, it's really going to work out well, and being so close to the Gardiner is HUGE. I have many friends in Scarborough, Markham, Mississauga etc.. and being centrally located and right off the highway will make visiting them a breeze.

Because you have a car in the first place, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't reduce your dependence on it at all. I live steps from the subway in midtown and have a car because my job requires it. Because I have to have a car anyway, the incremental cost of using transit is huge compared to driving.

Gas works out to 10 cents a km. Because I live central to friends, family and all the places I shop at, I only drive about 200 km a month for personal trips, which costs 20 bucks in gas. The TTC would cost 100 bucks a month with a metropass, for an additional annual cost of about 1000 dollars. I should mention that parking is always free when you know where to find it.

While I would happily leave my car at home for 95% of my non work trips, I end up using it for 95% of my non work trips because the TTC costs a bloody fortune when you only travel 1 km at a time.

Welcome to TO :) ..and you can't go too wrong with the Tankhouse Ale.

Future: congrats on the Melbourne move. I have a friend who lives there and loves it. It's more hip than Sydney I hear. But-err..I'm sure it's no TO.

By the way, the G6 sucks.

lol, that's why it's sibling the Aura (pretty much the same car) just beat out the Camry for automotive car of the year? Speaking of Camry, drive one.. then drive a G6 and tell me what was the better experience :hat

I’m in my 20’s.

I was in Las Vegas last week and I rented a car from Alamo and they gave me a G6. Performance was similar to a V6 Camry and I liked the outside look of the car. The ride wasn’t as smooth as you would find in more expensive vehicles like the Camry and the interior finishes felt very cheap but I guess you get what you pay for.

Back