News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.1K     9 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hi guys,

I haven't check this thread for a while and my emotion are going up and down reading you guys's posts, espically when I see what people have replied to mango3's posts, but then I don't recall I saw any of mango3's posts, I try to search it and none found. the 180 degree change of opinion indeed sounded weird, I wonder what happened to mango3, is she getting a deal from the builder? Or did the lawyer said anything so she withdraw all her posting? It really is bad that Norstar uses the suite as model home without purchaser's concent, when we buy "floor model" of anything, we get discount at least, and here we're looking for new home, not a used model home.

For my opinion, I think Norstar is really sneaky, they give me free granite counter top, all laminated floors, storage and parking for free, saying that it is only available for a limited time, but now, they throwing the same deal, plust 5000 cash back?? and 5% deposit?? Norstar is just trying to screw those who purchased the unit earlier, now I do feel being fooled into purchasing the unit earlier. What happened for those people who have to pay for their laminated floor? that's couple thousand of dollars already!

Too bad I haven't read this thread earlier, or I'll go and find out what's going on there. For us who already signed the contract, and did not put everything IN WRITING, if there's anything that they promise verbally, and they did not deliver, we're screwed. I really wonder if they would do the same to their customer on their new project "Portrait Condominiums". I guess the market isn't that good now so they just trying to sell what they can. They promise me the bathroom would have newer modern style toilet, as well as light fixture on the ceiling (they told me it is common sense they would have it) but then now I learn that both are not true. Anyways, all this is in the past now, the important thing is that this is a very valuable lesson.

Anyways, I just hope that my PDI will go smoothly and everything will go well after move in, and for the years to come while living there. I do hope mango3 could really as happy as the last post she written.

Now since Norstar is lowering the price of WIlshare on the green, I do hope they will not try to take advantage on us for the occupancy fee, they should give us a huge discount due to we don't get as many benefit and bad services.

Good luck everyone, see you all at condo board after we moved in.

I purchased a suite at Portrait last year and was surprised to receive a letter recently stating that there were no Ceiling light fixtures in the Bedroom. Sent them a cheque for $500. Hope I don't receive any more of these surprises.

I purchased a suite at Portrait last year and was surprised to receive a letter recently stating that there were no Ceiling light fixtures in the Bedroom. Sent them a cheque for $500. Hope I don't receive any more of these surprises.

why does this not suprise me ?

However to be fair, Norstar is not the only one pulling these tricks, a few builders have started to not provide ceiling light outlets in the bedroom / den to save $$ on their bottom line, they simply provide electrical wall outlets with a switch in lieu so purchasers have to plug in their own light ... IMO up lighing is not a good source of lighting for bedroom / den, but this is how some builders have been cheapening out (or 'value engineering') their projects ...

so note to potential purchasers, make sure in the standard features schedule that "light fixtures are provided in bedrooms and/or den"

Hi guys,

I haven't check this thread for a while and my emotion are going up and down reading you guys's posts, espically when I see what people have replied to mango3's posts, but then I don't recall I saw any of mango3's posts, I try to search it and none found. the 180 degree change of opinion indeed sounded weird, I wonder what happened to mango3, is she getting a deal from the builder? Or did the lawyer said anything so she withdraw all her posting? It really is bad that Norstar uses the suite as model home without purchaser's concent, when we buy "floor model" of anything, we get discount at least, and here we're looking for new home, not a used model home.

For my opinion, I think Norstar is really sneaky, they give me free granite counter top, all laminated floors, storage and parking for free, saying that it is only available for a limited time, but now, they throwing the same deal, plust 5000 cash back?? and 5% deposit?? Norstar is just trying to screw those who purchased the unit earlier, now I do feel being fooled into purchasing the unit earlier. What happened for those people who have to pay for their laminated floor? that's couple thousand of dollars already!

Too bad I haven't read this thread earlier, or I'll go and find out what's going on there. For us who already signed the contract, and did not put everything IN WRITING, if there's anything that they promise verbally, and they did not deliver, we're screwed. I really wonder if they would do the same to their customer on their new project "Portrait Condominiums". I guess the market isn't that good now so they just trying to sell what they can. They promise me the bathroom would have newer modern style toilet, as well as light fixture on the ceiling (they told me it is common sense they would have it) but then now I learn that both are not true. Anyways, all this is in the past now, the important thing is that this is a very valuable lesson.

Anyways, I just hope that my PDI will go smoothly and everything will go well after move in, and for the years to come while living there. I do hope mango3 could really as happy as the last post she written.

Now since Norstar is lowering the price of WIlshare on the green, I do hope they will not try to take advantage on us for the occupancy fee, they should give us a huge discount due to we don't get as many benefit and bad services.

Good luck everyone, see you all at condo board after we moved in.

Hey Marco,

Your points are well-taken. Regarding Mango3, it's indeed very puzzling. One of these parties has a pitbull for a lawyer. In my dealings with Norstar, it's almost impossible to get anything easily - even if you are entitled to it. The process also takes a long time. Based on those two statements, it's easy to reach a conclusion as to who has the pitbull.

Well, they have right to pull that trick, and it is our ignorance not to put it in writing. But why the hell they offer tons of upgrades which they know they will not deliver?? Isn't this a kind of fraud? Maybe there should be some organization that we can complain to, so they don't treat their customers like a sheep lol.

why does this not suprise me ?

However to be fair, Norstar is not the only one pulling these tricks, a few builders have started to not provide ceiling light outlets in the bedroom / den to save $$ on their bottom line, they simply provide electrical wall outlets with a switch in lieu so purchasers have to plug in their own light ... IMO up lighing is not a good source of lighting for bedroom / den, but this is how some builders have been cheapening out (or 'value engineering') their projects ...

so note to potential purchasers, make sure in the standard features schedule that "light fixtures are provided in bedrooms and/or den"

Ouch, however if mango3 is speaking of the truth, I don't think the lawyer, even a pitbull one, could force her into withdrawing all her postings, don't we have rights to express our opinions? If they "threaten" in anyway, won't that be a criminal act? If mango3 withdraw her postings due to "threatening" I'm only feel so sorry about our society. I certainly hope this is not the case!

Hey Marco,

Your points are well-taken. Regarding Mango3, it's indeed very puzzling. One of these parties has a pitbull for a lawyer. In my dealings with Norstar, it's almost impossible to get anything easily - even if you are entitled to it. The process also takes a long time. Based on those two statements, it's easy to reach a conclusion as to who has the pitbull.

They did not threaten her. They gave her an incentive to pull her posts. That $5k cash back offer is a good start probably.

They did not threaten her. They gave her an incentive to pull her posts. That $5k cash back offer is a good start probably.

Any evidence to support that hypothesis? Also, can we delete all our previous postings? And why did she delete them all, even the good neutral ones?

PDI Result

Hi All,

We had our PDI done a couple of days ago. It went very well, just as the other 2 posted reviews did. Tony was very professional, courteous and patient throughout the process, which took about an hour. He covered every item in the condo quite thoroughly. I just hope we'll remember everything he explained to us :)

Overall, our unit was about 90% complete. The 10% represented the minor deficiencies that we were able to spot, plus a couple of items that were overlooked that we'd originally agreed upon in our purchase agreement. Anything that needed a final touch-up (paint / caulking) was added to the PDI form. We were quite pleased with how the unit was taking shape.

The elevators were not operational yet. The stairwell we took was very bright and clean. The 2nd floor hallway where we met Tony, is taking shape, is now very well lit. The construction workers were all very polite and courteous, and helped us find our way to meet Tony.

The first move will take place in the first week of March. There will be a property manager on site by then - we will have to arrange use of the elevators with the property management folks.

I'm not sure what the next steps are, other than to give my Tarion "certificate of completion" form to my lawyer. There's still time before our mid-March occupancy date, so I'm hoping the rest will be smooth sailing.

That's about all for now. Let me know if you've any questions about our PDI experience.

Cheers!

Hi nels,

Congrats. im glad everything went well for u. Atleast the final results are good. have the confirmed ur move in date? My PDI has been moved ahead ....i hope its for the better. I just hope they dont change my move in date again man. But im so happy for u.

Hi All,

We had our PDI done a couple of days ago. It went very well, just as the other 2 posted reviews did. Tony was very professional, courteous and patient throughout the process, which took about an hour. He covered every item in the condo quite thoroughly. I just hope we'll remember everything he explained to us :)

Overall, our unit was about 90% complete. The 10% represented the minor deficiencies that we were able to spot, plus a couple of items that were overlooked that we'd originally agreed upon in our purchase agreement. Anything that needed a final touch-up (paint / caulking) was added to the PDI form. We were quite pleased with how the unit was taking shape.

The elevators were not operational yet. The stairwell we took was very bright and clean. The 2nd floor hallway where we met Tony, is taking shape, is now very well lit. The construction workers were all very polite and courteous, and helped us find our way to meet Tony.

The first move will take place in the first week of March. There will be a property manager on site by then - we will have to arrange use of the elevators with the property management folks.

I'm not sure what the next steps are, other than to give my Tarion "certificate of completion" form to my lawyer. There's still time before our mid-March occupancy date, so I'm hoping the rest will be smooth sailing.

That's about all for now. Let me know if you've any questions about our PDI experience.

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

I finally got my appliances confirmed. there is no delivery charge or installation charge unless you get an upgrade. Too bad Michael did not know this...he could have saved us from a lot of misunderstanding....but finally its works in our favour so thats great. Im happy with the apps...they look good. has anyone moved in yet?

Back