News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 480     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Why I love Annette St

No pictures of it here but I always liked the intersection with Laws Street, across for the rec centre. It’s very inviting entrance with the winding street and “hill top†houses, not to mention the Heintzman mansion.

i like it too.....

annettejunctionmarch2008pictures089.jpg

I shall have to investigate--next time I walk by the place.

from the pics, i can't really tell but it doesn't look like it, unless it's somewhere near the overhang. i think fire stations usually have the date in stone.

p.s, what intersection is that building at?

Wow I never knew they've done a virtual Toronto thing==like google streetview.

Yeah, the building probably wasn't a fire station--maybe a blacksmith's shop instead?

edit: just spent 2 hours on virtualcity toronto and it's interesting but somewhat limited--ie photo quality is crap and appears to have been shot Fall 2005.

Annette and St. John's are kind of unusual streets. At the western end they seem sleepy and residential but you also see older commercial buildings on the corners that are unused, or have small neigborhood cornerstores/hair shops.

Some areas are almost grown over in the summer, but it has a nice vibe - one of those cool, hidden areas of the city only a local would bother going to.

I was going to say that the only thing that would make the street even more charming and awesome would be a streetcar line...

Preferably not a streetcar that looks as if its at the end of an embankment with no more rail where it would fall off as in that photo. ;)

Always love historic shots.

There's no thread for this project but I'm sure urbandreamer won't mind me tagging this on here. This project is called "Annette Lanes". Turned out well I think.

Back