News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.4K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Whole Foods

I wouldn't buy groceries there but I do enjoy hitting their little hot bar/salad bar on a rainy saturday morning for a make your own brunch. The food is good and not horribly priced.

210209026.jpg

Whole Foods Market Square One construction continues. Roof and walls should be done by end of the month!

http://twitpic.com/3h5ibm

A friend at wholefoods said they are back to looking for a queen/king west location. Can anyone verify this?

SQUARE ONE location, opens August 10, 2011

For Kondoz: My info is that they are looking for a south-west Downtown location, where exactly that will be, I'm not sure, I suspect its a space that has yet to be created (ie. it will probably go under a new tower, but ya never know.

SQUARE ONE location, opens August 10, 2011

For Kondoz: My info is that they are looking for a south-west Downtown location, where exactly that will be, I'm not sure, I suspect its a space that has yet to be created (ie. it will probably go under a new tower, but ya never know.

Ah ok thanks. Just curious. Their yorkville location is quite big and expanding so I assumed they would want a standalone. I thought they purchased the Stephenson's lot on Augusta/Richmond but no one can verify this so maybe not.

New Whole Foods Location announced....(today's quarterly earnings release, by the company)

Markham, ON

Highway 7 & Warden area

Not sure if this will be part of 'downtown' Markham, or a free-standing box nearby.

But it will be open fairly soon, in 2012.

That's ahead of the North York, Yonge/Shepp. store which is under the huge Hullmark project, which is 2013.

New Whole Foods Location announced....(today's quarterly earnings release, by the company)

Markham, ON

Highway 7 & Warden area

Not sure if this will be part of 'downtown' Markham, or a free-standing box nearby.

That's ahead of the North York, Yonge/Shepp. store which is under the huge Hullmark project, which is 2013.

It's part of Uptown Markham project (it will be on Highway 7 on the south-side opposite the Sheridan Nursuries).

Markham, ON

Highway 7 & Warden area

Are they still going ahead with the Yonge and Eglinton location ?

My understanding......

bAuHaUs may well know better........

Was that Whole Foods took a pass on the space under the Madison Condos....(probably because of all the delays, but not sure)

They have/had a tentative deal for Bayview & Eglinton (Bayview just north of Eglinton, the old car dealership site)....

But that's been the subject of an OMB appeal. So I'm not sure what the status is on that, its not public either way.

They are however, finally, in a serious expansion drive in Ontario, so I would expect a few more announcements over the next few quarters.....

My understanding......

Was that Whole Foods took a pass on the space under the Madison Condos....(probably because of all the delays, but not sure)

They have/had a tentative deal for Bayview & Eglinton (Bayview just north of Eglinton, the old car dealership site)....

But that's been the subject of an OMB appeal. So I'm not sure what the status is on that, its not public either way.

They are however, finally, in a serious expansion drive in Ontario, so I would expect a few more announcements over the next few quarters.....

That sucks regarding madison ... it would have been great to have it at that location. The metro at Y&E center is small and crummy ...

Any idea what was behind all the delays with the condo by the way? They finally look like they're ready to go into sales now though.

The Eglinton and Bayview location is literally 100m from the metro at Eglinton and Bayview, seems like the Madison would have been a better fit.

My understanding......

Northern Light...all of what you say is correct. Unfortunately I'm on the outside looking in now as far as WFM is concerned. I have heard that they are kicking tires in Ancaster now....so measured growth in Ontario is still the case.

Update on the proposed store on Bayview, north of Eglinton.

Its heading to the OMB this fall.

The local community is apparently OK w/the stated use(s) but there issues around parking and building size.

The Building size I think is excellent (essentially maxing out the lot area)

Parking is underground

The only real question...is 220 parking spaces enough for a Whole Foods + LCBO totally 7,600M2 or roughly 76,000 sq ft?

As I'm generally for less parking....I want to say yes (its plenty), though.....pre-Eglinton LRT I can see it being congested.

We shall see what the OMB has to say.

Article here:

http://mytowncrier.ca/grocery-plan-for-vacant-lot-heads-to-omb.html

Back