News   Apr 26, 2024
 925     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 257     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 766     0 

Who would you like to see win the 2016 US election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's this quote from White Nationalist William Johnson, a Trump delegate from California:

Speaking to PRI, Johnson outlined his beliefs by saying, "We have in Europe, and every traditionally white country, a dramatic shift in that the founding population is being replaced by immigrants, refugees, other peoples, so, really, the white race is in peril worldwide. I want a separate white ethno-state, but I want to keep Western civilization alive.”

Johnson had been advocating for the deportation of all non-white immigrants and U.S. citizens, including anyone with any “ascertainable trace of Negro blood,” since 1985, when he wrote a book arguing for a constitutional amendment to do just that. Johnson promoted his book far and wide, including at the 1986 Aryan Nations World Congress.

http://mashable.com/2016/05/12/trum...e/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#DYlrvdH7xqq8

Speaking to PRI, Johnson outlined his beliefs by saying, "We have in Europe, and every traditionally white country, a dramatic shift in that the founding population is being replaced by immigrants, refugees, other peoples, so, really, the white race is in peril worldwide.
I imagine North America's indigenous peoples would have had the same argument, or today's Tibetans vs. Chinese migration to their previously independent territories.

Last edited:
http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...ceptance-of-donald-trump?mbid=social_facebook

But Trump’s other fellow-travellers include Roger Stone, the Republican political operative and dirty-tricks maven, while his venues have included the broadcasts of Alex Jones, a ranting conspiracy theorist who believes in a Globalist plot wherein “an alien force not of this world is attacking humanity”—not to mention Jones’s marketing of the theory that Michelle Obama is a transvestite who murdered Joan Rivers. These are not harmless oddballs Trump is flirting with. These are not members of the lunatic fringe. These are the lunatics.

Whatever the clinical diagnosis, we do appear to be getting, in place of the once famous Big Lie of the nineteen-thirties, a sordid blizzard of lies. The Big Lie was fit for a time of processionals and nighttime rallies, and films that featured them. The blizzard of lies is made for Twitter and the quick hit of an impulse culture. Trump’s lies arrive with such rapidity that before one can be refuted a new one comes to take its place. It wasn’t his voice on that tape of pitiful self-promotion. O.K., it was—but he never mocked the handicapped reporter, he was merely imitating an obsequious one. The media eventually moves on, shrugging helplessly, to the next lie. Then the next lie, and the next. If the lies are bizarre enough and frequent enough, they provoke little more than a nervous giggle and a cry of “Well, guess he’s changed the rules!”

If Trump became president, I bet that there would be quite a number of Americans applying for refugee status in Canada; note that this would not be the first time this happened (note the draft dodgers during the Vietnam War).

Canada greatly benefitted from American refugees.

Last edited:
I'm not sure people understand fascism when they refer to Trump as such. For fascism you need a dictator unanswerable to anyone, you need a people who see no value in the individual other than how he/she can serve the state, and you need to see glory in war and struggle. As POTUS, Trump won't/can't be a dictator, would be answerable to Congress and the Supreme Court, there are few nations that embrace individualism and individual rights over groupthink than Americans, and Trump says the past wars are wasteful interference in other peoples' affairs.

The one thing I enjoy about Trump is his total lack of religiosity. This has to be the only GOP president who has publicly declared he doesn't give a fig for religion. That has to be refreshing, and must be driving the evangelicals mad. IMO, Trump's got this election in the bag, unless.... DEMs pick Sanders.

Seen on reddit:

6pnYQUv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back