Which Toronto office building would you like to see undergo a vertical expansion?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by DarkSideDenizen, Dec 6, 2011.

?

Which Toronto office bldg (<500') would you like to see undergo a vertical expansion?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2012.
  1. 2 Bloor Steet West

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bank of Nova Scotia Building

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Cadillac Fairview Tower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. College Park Building

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Dundee Place

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ernst and Young Tower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. One Queen Street East

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. Royal Bank Plaza (North)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Sun Life Centre (East/West)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. DarkSideDenizen

DarkSideDenizen Active Member

Having given some thought to this question before, and with the recent announcement that The Atrium On Bay is to undergo a modest expansion, and that work on the RioCan Centre at Yonge-Eglinton to begin soon, I thought it would be fun to ask:

Which Toronto office building (<500') would you like to see undergo a vertical expansion? Of course, there are many factors concerning feasibility, however for the sake of argument, let us assume that for this poll it would be possible.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

2. philofra

philofra Active Member

Why would anyone want to vertically expand an existing building? But I am thinking, the Telus building should have been taller!

3. pman

pman Active Member

I'm a little surprised that the Royal Bank and PWC towers announced for Queen's Quay and the area south of the tracks are each only 30 stories high. It seems like a bit of a short-sighted underutilization of very prime land.

4. whatever

whatever Senior Member

I don't know if I'm just mixing it up with the College Park story, but I'm almost certain I read somewhere that the Toronto Hydro building on Carlton was originally designed to accommodate a large tower. Even if it wasn't, I'd love to see it become the base for something iconic. It's got such a strong street presence, and there's plenty of room to expand to the north as well. It's really one of the city's unsung gems.