639     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 484     0 

Where would you live?

supergirly

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just out of curiosity I would like to know where you would all choose to live (in Toronto and surrounding areas) if money and commuting to work wasn't an option?

definitely Rosedale....and if I could I would hope commuting to anything called "work" would not be an issue lol

I think would still live in Markham, either around Unionville or Main St. Markham. I know both those areas very well, and I know there is a good sense of community and friendly neighbor-ism throughout. They also both have their own kind of "downtown" (Unionville and Markham Main Streets.) There's also pretty good transit service to both.

I've been pondering buying vs. renting and also a change of neighbourhoods this spring/summer so this is a very timely question for me. I've lived in the Yonge/Bloor & Church/Wellesley Village for the last 26-27 years.

At this point in my life I like "earthy", diverse, vibrant, established neighbourhoods in or close to downtown.

If I were to move, I'd be looking for the "right place" in one of the following areas -

1) St. Lawrence Market/Distillery District

2) Queens Quay (between York & Bathurst) - OK, it's not exactly earthy, diverse or well established, but it's going to be so beautiful in the next couple of years it's becoming hard to resist for me

3) Queen/King West (west of Spadina)

4) The Annex area

5) Little Italy area

6) Stay in the neighbourhood where I am now!

I'd like to be on King East between Yonge and Parliament until I am old(er). Then hopefully Cabbagetown. Corktown's nice too. Basically I like East of Yonge, West of the Don Valley, South of Bloor.

Draper Street. I stumbled upon this street and fell in love with it. I love the little houses on it, none exist elsewhere in the immediate area just like them. Even though it's right in the centre of downtown west, near the rail corridor and everything else, once you step onto Draper you'd think you've entered another part of the city.

I urge everyone to check it out if they haven't seen Draper before.

IMG_6764.jpg

IMG_6771.jpg

IMG_6774.jpg

Last edited:
anywhere in the area bounded by Bathurst / Bayview / St Clair / Eglinton... perhaps I might call it "Greater Mid-town"
a nice mix of high density, plenty of unique shops and restaurants along the main streets with older established neighbourhoods in between.

Last edited:
I stumbled upon this street and fell in love with it. I love the little houses on it, none exist elsewhere in the immediate area just like them. Even though it's right in the centre of downtown west, near the rail corridor and everything else, once you step onto Draper you'd think you've entered another part of the city.

I urge everyone to check it out if they haven't seen Draper before.

I love this street too!

I've lived all over Toronto, but couldn't see myself living anywhere north of Bloor (except High Park) or certain parts of the Danforth. Other than that, there are great pockets everywhere between Jane to Victoria Park. For some reason, Rosedale, Forest Hill, just don't do it for me...too sleepy.

Back