News   May 10, 2024
 99     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 278     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 715     0 

What's the nastiest thing you've ever seen on the subway, bus, streetcar or station?

Mystic Point

Member Bio
Reaction score
Gawker is running a contest among it's readers to determine the worst nastiest thing found on the subway in NYC. Makes me wonder what people have experienced here.

So what's the nastiest or weirdest thing you've seen?

_38695157_lastman_150.jpg

Not so much see as smelled. There was a woman who smelled so bad (and I mean bad) that she managed to clear most of the passengers who were on the same car. Those who could stand the odour to some degree congregated at either end of the car, while the woman sat roughly in the middle. It was week day, just past four in the afternoon, and the car remained pretty much empty all the way from St. Andrew to Wellesley - where she got off - when the other cars were typically full.

It's hard to imagine another person smelling that much.

Homeless-type? I've come across a few of those car-clearers now and again...

A guy shooting heroin on the 501 Queen at noon on a wednesday. There was also a group of school kids on the car.

A human poop at the top of the escalator at Islington Station. Could smell it from the bottom, and when I got to the top the source of the smell was revealed.

A [man] peeing on the handrail of the escalator. I was tempted to punch him in the back of the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
It pales in to comparison to what has been described so far, but I watched a guy eat a full fast-food meal on the subway and dispose all the waste bit-by-bit directly on the floor.

Eats sandwich, dripping bits on the floor, then throws burger wrapper on the floor. Eats fries... fry box on the floor. Wipes hands... serviettes on the floor, one-by-one. Bag on the floor. Empty drink on the floor.

I'm pretty sure that I just plain stared with my mouth agape. It was disgusting.

Somebody snort then hock a loogie on the floor of the bus. To this day the memory grosses me out when it comes to mind. Disgusting.

Saw a guy smoking on the train. A dude came from one end of the train and dropkicked the cigarette out of the guy's hand. A fight ensued. It was great.

wow...after readin all the posts, it makes me never wana take the ttc again. the only thing that i am concerned about is the washrooms. smells like crap and they never clean it.

Back