News   Apr 26, 2024
 367     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 195     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 649     0 

What's the future for the NDP?

I attended the final NDP leadership event last night here in Hamilton. The sense of excitement was palpable when Singh took the stage.

Angus vs. Singh: comfort or ambition for the NDP: Sears
Most often, federal New Democrats choose the obvious or more reassuring choice for leader. Recently, though, a new generation has stepped outside the comfort zone.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/com...gh-comfort-or-ambition-for-the-ndp-sears.html

I think that was true for Mulcair, not at all for any of McLaughlin, McDonough, or certainly Layton. Singh's campaign and organization remind me of Layton's, which ought to bode well for him.

Interesting that Trudeau will be the oldest leader in the next election campaign.

Very true! Both Scheer and Singh are 38 years old. I don't count Elizabeth May because she is literally a party of one.

So, I guess Singh will be a leader without a seat until the next election unless someone resigns in the GTA before 2019.

BUMP:

The NDP just screwed up as usual. They sided with the CPC on this job program issue and had to clarify their statement...

Back