News   Apr 30, 2024
 118     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1K     1 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

The future of the tories is Pretty much wait in the shadows until Trudeau messes up.

I think as of now the sunny ways mantra is popular but if something bad like a terror attack or great terrible event in the world, then I think Canadians will look more inward.

Hoping for a large-scale terror attack on a Canadian target in order to win the next federal election does not seem like a viable Conservative strategy.
Hoping for the public to pay attention is a pretty bad strategy too.

https://twitter.com/CandiceMalcolm/status/816781167613526016

C1XIe3DXEAABcHn.jpg:large

The future of the tories is Pretty much wait in the shadows until Trudeau messes up.

I think as of now the sunny ways mantra is popular but if something bad like a terror attack or great terrible event in the world, then I think Canadians will look more inward.
Look more inward or look for a scapegoat?

A small cabal of conservative elites in Florida this week is encouraging O'Leary to "Make Canada Great Again":

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kevin-oleary-conservative-leadership-1.3927823

Kevin O'Leary told a group of wealthy Canadians wintering in Florida last week that he will run for the Conservative leadership and enter the race as early as Jan. 19, CBC News has learned.

As if the Conservative Party doesn't already have enough Trump rip-offs in the race.

She is confusing letters after her name with intelligence, common sense and restraint.

From the ipolitics piece:

A former Conservative senior political operations officer who worked in Ontario during the 2015 election, Felix Wong, told Maclean’s about a phone call she received from Leitch early in the campaign. Wong told Maclean’s that Leitch was upset that her business cards didn’t say “doctor” before her name. Wong told Leitch the card template didn’t allow for honorifics.

Wong told Maclean’s that Leitch yelled on the phone, “You’re lying.”

“This is unacceptable,” Leitch said, according to Wong. “Even the prime minister [Stephen Harper] introduced me as Dr. Kellie Leitch this morning. I’ve earned all these titles. Do you have these titles after your name? No.” Wong told Maclean’s that Leitch threatened to call Harper if the cards weren’t fixed.

She sounded like an insecure nouveau elite, but seriously, putting someone down for not having titles? That's beyond pale. What does she think she is - UK upper class without manners?

Honestly, you'd think the Canadian way would be to try one's best to hide those titles. Guess not.

AoD

Last edited:
From the ipolitics piece:

She sounded like an insecure nouveau elite, but seriously, putting someone down for not having titles? That's beyond pale. What does she think she is - UK upper class without manners?

AoD

Hopefully she will earn the title of "also-ran" very soon.

Back