News   May 21, 2024
 71     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

You'll hear everything. I stay at friend's cottage occasionally that has similar setup--not the greatest place unless you get along well with your partner and rarely have sleepover guests.

Yea, you would hear everything even if all the walls went up to the ceiling.

Reminds me of when I had a roommate and the walls were so paper thin between the bedrooms that we had to "turn on the music" when any of us had a girl over.

does anyone know how soon after we move in we're allowed to start doing work on the interior of our units? do we have to wait until the phantom mortgage period is over?

I got a chance to check out some of the higher floors(4-8....hoist unit on 4th). The walls between rooms are insulated so if you did opt to drywall upto the ceiling then most of the sound should drown out. If you got the 7 foot walls, there are pipes which run to the ceiling in the bathroom area, not sure whether they will drywall these sections but it's an eye sore to say the least. i wish i took pictures, if i get a chance next time i will do just that. I was there about 3 weeks ago and they just started to frame the 8th floor units. 7th floor already had completed drywall while the sixth floor and below all had doors and were locked so i couldnt see anything. The 9ft ceilings are great and it feels spacious, i didn't notice much about the concrete walls as they looked fine to me. Since im doing engineered flooring etc, i didnt give the floor finishing much attention. I hope all the purchasers got cap ceilings(electrical housing for light fixtures).

Hi everyone,

Great info in this thread keep it going. I'm a buyer 15th floor... move in is Feb.

I'm not too concerned about the floor, I'm polishing my concrete ..but the walls look horrible!

If I'm a buyer can I just walk into the current development? I want to check it out...

Hey everyone,

love the posts on this and am glad to see that there are others going through the same issues as I am regarding this builder and Westside Gallery Lofts. I was one of the original purchasers and bought in April 2006. Am constantly afraid that this builder is going to screw me on everything. Am anxiously awaiting my PDI on October 13 and am interested to see if the occupancy date of the 27th of the same month will still hold. Was trying to find a contractor to polish the concrete floors and wondered if anyone had gotten pricing from anyone. Also, would love to see more photos from PDI's and PDI experiences with buyers from the condo floors if anyone has any info. I can only imagine how they will be rushing everyone through those inspections!!

Hi everyone,

Great info in this thread keep it going. I'm a buyer 15th floor... move in is Feb.

I'm not too concerned about the floor, I'm polishing my concrete ..but the walls look horrible!

If I'm a buyer can I just walk into the current development? I want to check it out...

No you can't just stroll in during construction hours, unless you're pretending to be a city inspector. I kinda just walked in on the weekend, the workers are not very thorough at locking all the doors.

Yes please! I wonder what floor they've most recently moved in now. Fourth?

Went by the nabe yesterday, and the Sudbury extension seems to be open. Is that correct? There aren't any barriers, and my sister said she's seen cars drive in/out.

@aiekon Is this your unit? Thanks for sharing. I think at least I'll be more prepared when I do my PDI. When is that anyway? Usually two or so weeks before occupancy? How did the entry way look?

Back