News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 563     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Queen West Triangle, Urbancorp, 20 + 8s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Urbancorp has also made some changes to the facade of Westside Lofts. The bright, colourful cladding has been replaced with more subtle tones, similar to M5V. I think it's an improvement.

Was this the one with the funky sales office (coloured holes in the building ... ) that was going to be converted into a gallery when they were finished?

That's the one. I beleive the sales office will remain as an art gallery as planned. That's the only thing that Urbancorp hasn't changed about this project...yet.

AH!

I didn't realize that was this project ... timeout one second.
Hasn't this been in sales for AGES!

Didn't they also have that really really really annoying radio/tv commercial. Something like "... come where all the cool people are ..." I'm not kidding :)

Out of curiosity are you a buyer in this project? ah ... "were" a buyer.

I was one of the purchasers in the curve loft and I can't stress enough how unreliable Urbancorp and the staff at Westside Lofts have been.

I originally bought in January 2007 and when they restructured the building in Dec of 2007 I was moved into the curve building. I was subsequently charged close to $30,000 more for a "comparable" unit because it was on a higher floor and 50 sqft bigger.

Now, a year later, I found out from UrbanToronto that the building was canceled - No phone call from the builder, no information on how to receive my deposit back, nothing at all.

After ignoring several of my emails and phone calls, my lawyer got in touch and I have finally received an answer that the project has been indeed canceled. Oh, and their reason for the cancellation - the builder couldn't secure financing because too few people haven't payed their down payment. They blamed it on the purchasers!!

The sales staff are rude and uninformed. The builder is unreliable and a joke.

I have been left in a situation where I have waited 2 years for a building that will never materialize...

Moral of the story - DO NOT BUY FROM URBANCORP

-Jessica

Thanks Catcher

I guess in the end I got lucky because the market has softened and this affords me some options to buy something that is already constructed. If this happened three years ago I may have been priced out of the market.

I still haven't received my down payment - I wonder what kind of process they will drag me through to get it back...

March 15

IMG_03-15-09-0037.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0040.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0042.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0044.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0045.jpg

So clearly, this project isn't canceled :) What a delay though.

so it looks like they making progress, Bohemian Embassy down the street looks to be making progress too, think they got their parking lot done then on the next flooors.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Westside is far ahead of construction compared to Bohemian Embassy, and Bohemian Embassy started construction six months before Westside - go figure. Urbancorp appears to be more organized and experience than Baywoods.

Crews were working on the Westside Lofts Friday.

No work taking place on Bohemian Embassy and looks the same when I did my last shot.

Streetcar.ca is dead and have lease signs up on the buildings

Back