News   May 03, 2024
 538     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 339     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 193     0 

West Side Lofts: Thinking of buying - Tips?

M

MetroMan1000

Hey guys,
For some reason, out of the blue, it feels like a good time to buy my first place. I'm renting right now and love my apartment but paying $1,100 in rent is just like burning money in a bonfire.

I'd much rather pay $1,200-$1,400 and know that I own the property and it's an investment that I can one day rent out or sell.

I'm looking at West Side Lofts because a loft is the kind of space I want and this one in particular is in my current neighborhood which I don't want to leave.

What do you guys think about West Side Lofts? Is "Landmark Building Group" a reputable brand? I know William Alsop is designing this one and it's LEED compliant which makes it that more appealing.

Ideas? Tips for a first time buyer?

I recommend you get a realtor to help you.

You can give them the criteria you are looking for and they can find the right development. They may be able to recommend a development you may not have heard of.

MetroMan:

BTW, I think the building on sale right now is the mid-rise designed by Baird Sampson Neuret and NOT Alsop, which is taller (20s) and located south of the railway tracks.

AoD

Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna check out the showroom tomorrow. I'm not yet 100% serious about buying, but the location of West Side Lofts coupled with the fact that it's a loft, exactly what I'm looking for and added to that the starting price of $990 monthly, it's something I don't want to overlook.

I could easily pay 50% more than the starting price-point which should give me a decent sized loft.

If I walk away from the showroom satisfied, I'll get the advice of a realtor. 2 of my friends are realtors.

I would suggest taking one of your realtor friends instead of going alone at first. If the builder cooperates with brokers, this would result in a nice commission (which you can split) for your friend if you decide to buy. If you bring a realtor later, many builders won't pay.

I would always be a little bit leery about buying a product that does not have approvals in place yet. If you are referring to the building north of the tracks, there is an ongoing OMB case. The Alsop-designed site south of the tracks I don't think has even been officially submitted to the City yet.

I purchased a unit in this building

checkout this site:
homeinaloft.com/
it has some good info on not only westsidelofts, but also a few other projects including Bohemian which is virtually next door...

as per one of the previous post westside is proposed, as is Bohemian...the developement of the whole area is the topic of debate:
www.active18.org/crisis.html

This project is now 65% sold...anyone out there buy one?

increase in property value once built

Does anyone know what the increase in property value of the building is once the building is built?

they have started selling the second building, "the curve"...it will be 8 stories...looks like the price for these is higher than for the first building...

Question regarding westsidelofts

any buyers of westside lofts out there who have been affected by the recent changes

I bought one of the condos a while ago 'big mistake´and have been trying to get an straight answer for all the delays, changes, but the stuff there either are useless or have strict orders of not to say anything.

anybody has expericne on what a buyer can do to get a repsonse from the company.

I would appreciate the help

Back