Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Their idea for the space under the Gardiner sounds promising. I think most in the neighbourhood are just glad Loblaws is finally moving ahead.

Sarcasm aside, a new Loblaws will do wonders for the CP, Fort York, and Harbourfront neighbourhoods. It's a long time coming, so 2019 doesn't seem that bad. I can see it being packed with people all the time like Maple Leaf Gardens' Loblaws as well as function as a community 'hub'.

Do we know who the architect is yet? And if the renderings for the condos are actual depictions for the project? I'll hold out hope until the moment I see P+S.

Called it!

Concord Adex has officially been unveiled as a partner in the project during a media event this morning.

This is what I posted on Sep. 30, 2014 Post#632.....So I suppose it does seem to be turning out to be true.....It would be great if it opened by 2016. It does seem as though there is quite a bit going on behind the scenes though. I was recently informed by someone at Concord (Cityplace) that Loblaws approached them to sell the units for the Loblaws condo towers at this site. He also says that Loblaws was biding their time until they felt that there was enough "demand" for the retail in the area which he says they believe there absolutely is now.....Take it all with a grain of salt as you see how quickly or in this case slowly things can change but he did appear to have some interesting information about this.

I vaguely recall that the two billboard structures have heritage protection (am I mistaken?). I don't see them incorporated in the new design, or am I missing them?

Back