News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 545     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Village Gate West Phase 3a & 3b (Bloor & Dunbloor, Concert, 20s & 24s, P+S/IBI Group)

30 April 2010 update:

Yeah, until 3 weeks ago I had no idea this area had so many towers under construction. A 4th, yellow crane was added to a site just east of this one:

dsc03068wm.jpg

I'm thinking that someday the towers will extend from this area all the way west to the 427 in a nonstop swath of land north of the TTC tracks. As well, taking the subway out here frequently recently made me realize the sheer stupidity of not extending the subway west to Sherway, with stations at the East Mall and West Mall as well.

Updates for Village Gate West, from July 2.

From the southwest:

VillageGateSouthwest.jpg

From the south, across Bloor Street:

VillageGateSouthpano.jpg

From the southeast:

VillageGateSoutheastpano.jpg

From the east:

VillageGateEast.jpg

From the northeast; this view includes all previous phases at Village Gate West:

VillageGateNortheast.jpg

From the north:

VillageGateNorth.jpg

Not much cladding on this yet but it should top off soon. Palais on the right again also getting quite tall.

Attachments

• DSC01763.jpg
    DSC01763.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 347
Somebody's going to have to revise the floor count on this one, its now at 26.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I've never counted the floors but to me it looks too tall for 24s. I'm higher than 26s in my building and I seem to be about level with the roof. I don't mind the extra height though.

These buildings aren't groundbreaking architecture but they're easily more attractive then all the Pemberton crap on this block.

Back