News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 887     0 

VIA Rail

I saw this posted on Facebook. It is an interview with the new CEO. It is a 15 minute long interview. He speaks to many things that I speak of. The difference is, he has the clout to potentially do it.

In the interview he said the new reservia went in and nobody noticed because there were so few problems… by which he presumably means “didn’t make any of the newspapers that the minister’s office takes clippings from”

In the interview he said the new reservia went in and nobody noticed because there were so few problems… by which he presumably means “didn’t make any of the newspapers that the minister’s office takes clippings from”

With all the problems the various transportation projects have had, it was one of the most problem free thing. I feel that is what he meant.

Sneaky Venture / Canadian at Willowbrook last night from a friend:

zr04znbY.jpg

As more Siemens venture sets become operational, is that going to free up more of the older locomotives for VIA? Are we going to see more of the older trains having dual locomotives on each end?

As more Siemens venture sets become operational, is that going to free up more of the older locomotives for VIA? Are we going to see more of the older trains having dual locomotives on each end?
Theoretically yes, but this may depend on the intended tempo of the F40 re-re-build program, the impact of the F40s damaged in BC (impact) and ON (fire) lately, and how urgently the P42s need to be sent to pasture. The additional loco will also impact axle count charges and fuel usage so may not make sense on all services.

The Canadian one damaged in BC - is that able to be fixed? Or is that now just out of service? It punctured the fuel tank, if I remember correctly.

The Canadian one damaged in BC - is that able to be fixed? Or is that now just out of service? It punctured the fuel tank, if I remember correctly.
I’d assume that the question is less whether it can be fixed than whether th ressources (funding, material, parts, labour) to fix a 40-year-old locomotive are being made available…

Last edited:
I’d assume that the question is less whether it can be fixed than whether there are the ressources (funding, material, parts, labour) to fix a 40-year-old locomotive…
Considering that the plan is they are the ones being kept,not the P40s, one would hope they have the parts to fix them.

Back