2.2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 809     0 

VIA Rail

Apparently, these are the three:

#1: CDPQ Infra, SNC-Lavalin, Systra Canada, Keolis Canada

#2: Intercity Development Partners, EllisDon Capital, Kilmer Transportation, First Rail Holdings, Jacobs, Hatch, CIMA+, First Group, RATP Dev Canada and Renfe Operadora

#3: Fengate, John Laing, Bechtel, WSP Canada et Deutsche Bahn.

Update: article in French: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvell...bec?partageApp=rcca_appmobile_appinfo_android
Interesting - no Alstom bid? Weren't they the ones suggesting HSR-lite?

#2: Intercity Development Partners, EllisDon Capital, Kilmer Transportation, First Rail Holdings, Jacobs, Hatch, CIMA+, First Group, RATP Dev Canada and Renfe Operadora

Update: article in French: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvell...bec?partageApp=rcca_appmobile_appinfo_android
these names I dont want to see on any RFPs... SNC for obvious reasons. Bechtel... you can ask our friends at NASA just how well they are handling the SLS mobile launcher 2 project and how well the money is being spent.

Ellis Don... 50/50..... ive worked with them and it they are hot and cold depending on the coinflip.

these names I dont want to see on any RFPs... SNC for obvious reasons. Bechtel... you can ask our friends at NASA just how well they are handling the SLS mobile launcher 2 project and how well the money is being spent.

Ellis Don... 50/50..... ive worked with them and it they are hot and cold depending on the coinflip.

Considering SNC is on the list I think we know that this is just for smoke and mirrors. They've already won the project.

Considering SNC is on the list I think we know that this is just for smoke and mirrors. They've already won the project.

The reality is worse than that. It seems that Ottawa is seriously hoping for proponents to make the detailed pitch, because Ottawa has neither the technical knowledge to determine what the design should look like, nor the courage to face the public with a firm idea and the price tag that they have to justify.

It helps to be able to say "we scoured the world for expertise, and this is what the experts told us we should build, and this is the best they say we can do on price".

- Paul

I'm genuinely surprised Chinese companies, such as CRRC, are nowhere to be seen
A lot of serious players missing. I suspect that several of the consortia participants are interpreting this the same way we are---that this won't lead to actual construction, but a succession of future studies.

More links/media:

From the Global piece linked above:

1689875939880.png

1689875985829.png

1689876009466.png

From the Globe and Mail piece linked above, we get this:

1689876196013.png

And this:

1689876236017.png

So the cost end has been opened up again.....

One bid did not make the cut, they took the top 3 out of 4; I assume, but don't know, Alstom was part of the 4th bid?
The following poll was posted on the Rail Fans Canada Discord server:
IMG_2191.jpeg

The following poll was posted on the Rail Fans Canada Discord server:
View attachment 493599

Interesting that Alstom doesn't appear, overtly, to be involved in any of the four.

Hitachi appears to be out.

Back