News   Apr 26, 2024
 89     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 318     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 514     0 

Using The New Urban Toronto Forum

How do I post a ne topic/thread. i can't seem to find post new topic button but i can find the reply option. Thanks

You need 20 posts to start a new thread.

It would be great to have a "Frequently Asked Questions" thread, since so many new users kept asking "How do I post?" when the answer is that the user needs to make 20 posts. It can get tiresome if new users keep asking the same question with the same answers all the time.

How do I log out? I can't seem to find the option on the page. Maybe I'm blind or something.

This was in Chrome, so I logged in again with Firefox and again I can't find where to log out.

Also, I would like to change my password, but I can't find the page.

EDIT:

I see that it's in the Quick Navigation menu, with the little arrow. This doesn't seem obvious to me. I wouldn't have guessed that. I only found it after I read the post here.

Last edited:
How do I log out? I can't seem to find the option on the page. Maybe I'm blind or something.

This was in Chrome, so I logged in again with Firefox and again I can't find where to log out.

Also, I would like to change my password, but I can't find the page.

EDIT:

I see that it's in the Quick Navigation menu, with the little arrow. This doesn't seem obvious to me. I wouldn't have guessed that. I only found it after I read the post here.

Yes that's where it is.

Why do you sometimes get to the most recent page of a thread and sometimes to the first page when you click on the Thread title? Obviously better if it alwaysv too you to last (most recent) page.

Why do you sometimes get to the most recent page of a thread and sometimes to the first page when you click on the Thread title? Obviously better if it alwaysv too you to last (most recent) page.
I believe it takes you to the last viewed post. So if you’ve click the bolded title, you get sent to the last unread post, but if it’s not bolded, then it takes you to the first page.
So if you accidentally clicked a thread and the went back a page, the next time you go to the thread (and no new post) you will be sent to the first page instead of the last unread post.

I receive error messages when I try to go to a Hamilton or Edmonton (and presumably other) thread from the UrbanToronto page.

(e.g. if I am on UrbanToronto and go to watched threads, and click on a Hamilton/Edmonton thread it will send me to an error page)

I receive error messages when I try to go to a Hamilton or Edmonton (and presumably other) thread from the UrbanToronto page.

(e.g. if I am on UrbanToronto and go to watched threads, and click on a Hamilton/Edmonton thread it will send me to an error page)

Looking into it.

Back