Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

We actually should make a Facebook group, not page, since groups are private and pages, anyone can see the contents. Make it similar to Davenport Village Residents' group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/davenportvillage/

And perhaps we should limit the group to just phase 1 people instead of all Upside Down + Fuse people?

*edit*
I created a group if we want to go with it? https://www.facebook.com/groups/upsidedowncondos/
If anyone wants to be the admin and deal with that moderating stuff/accepting new members, just let me know. I don't necessarily want to be admin of the group or at least the only admin.

I actually ended up deleteing the page I made.. sorry guys, it was open to the public and I wasn't really sure how to make it private.. Just joined the above group, great to see some of my future neighbours.. yay!

How did you find out? Rogers resellers like Teksavvy still supported I hope...?

Ditto. I don't care about DSL so I don't care about that but I don't want to use Rogers cable exclusively.

And about this no paint until closing... Is that legitimately something all new buildings require? (I can ask a friend about her situation but in case any of you know)
And is it really not allowed or 'frowned upon'? Because that would be immensely inconvenient. There are people doing some renos (i.e. no carpet in the bedroom) if I recall correctly. If we wait until closing to paint, which could be late fall as some people have guessed, my housewarming party will be showing an unfinished product and it's a pain to paint when you've got all your furniture in the room already.

I've talked to a few friends who are living in other condos, from what I gather, service provide exclusivity is pretty common. Hopefully when we're all in and have a condo board going we can use having 200 units to negotiate better rates. I'm not a fan of Rogers, but if that's the biggest problem we have to face, I'm pretty happy.

Totally agreed!!
it will be a pain to do anything with the room when all furniture are in place!

Ditto. I don't care about DSL so I don't care about that but I don't want to use Rogers cable exclusively.

And about this no paint until closing... Is that legitimately something all new buildings require? (I can ask a friend about her situation but in case any of you know)
And is it really not allowed or 'frowned upon'? Because that would be immensely inconvenient. There are people doing some renos (i.e. no carpet in the bedroom) if I recall correctly. If we wait until closing to paint, which could be late fall as some people have guessed, my housewarming party will be showing an unfinished product and it's a pain to paint when you've got all your furniture in the room already.

If Internet is not covered in your monthly maintenance fees (i.e. you guys are paying for it yourself), I believe all service exclusivity means is that Bell probably was not given a chance to wire up the building, whereas Rogers was. So a reseller should be fine - they use the exact same cabling. The building will probably continue pushing Rogers on you in the form of door-to-door canvassing and flyers, etc, but they really can't FORCE you to go with Rogers over Teksavvy. You could also call Bell for DSL and see if they're able to send connection over, to confirm whether or not wiring was done - of course, be aware that sometimes their database doesn't get updated and so their systems show "no go" when the wiring is all in place.

Source: I currently live in a Rogers-only building for about two years and have had Teksavvy cable 100% of that time. Will be moving into new condo early 2014, and obsessing over how to deal if it's a Bell-only building... ;)

Switching to tech savvy is something that I have been thinking about for some time now. I was just curious, those of you who are with tech savvy. Have you had any problems with speed or bandwidth? I feel based on their packages that they are slower that Rogers.

Teksavvy is awesome...Been with them about 3 years. No difference in speed, cheaper, plus I get a truly unlimited package. Since it's rogers network your internet will go down whenever Rogers customers in your area are down, so there's no difference there either.

Had Teksavvy for 2 years in downtown. Had a horrible experience. Constant slowdowns, incompetent staff. At one point, didn't have internet for 1 week. Teksavvy wouldn't do anything to compensate or even acknowledge their fault. If there is a problem with them, they will blame it on Rogers, and would take over 24hrs just to open a ticket. Any fixes took forever. And zero compensation. Eventually, cancelled my services with them.

With recent rebates that Rogers and Bell offer, there is no point of going with Teksavvy. Rogers is currently offering 35mbs / 200 gig bandwidth for $45 (no modem fees, fixed price for 8 years (yes, years). You can check out RFD forum for more info. And Bell offers their packages with 300 gig extra bandwidth and 30-50% off every few months.

Just my experience...

Hello all,

Wanted to know if any of you Know what colour and when the carpet for the main floors are going in?????

Some pics of phase 2. Looks like they're working on the 7th floor now.

DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 447
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 462
Anyone got some phase 1 pics? both inside and out? Also got a call from the Rogers guy i guess thats assigned to our building (phase 1). he offered 6 months free internet cable & home phone, wondering if anyone else got that same call/offer?

Anyone got some phase 1 pics? both inside and out? Also got a call from the Rogers guy i guess thats assigned to our building (phase 1). he offered 6 months free internet cable & home phone, wondering if anyone else got that same call/offer?

Hey benberly14,

Could you post the Rogers guy's contact information. He had called me a few weeks ago to try and set something up, but I lost his phone number. I'm currently on a 2 year contract with Roger's cable, so I wanted to ask him if I could still take advantage of the 6 months free offer.

Thanks!

Hey benberly14,

Could you post the Rogers guy's contact information. He had called me a few weeks ago to try and set something up, but I lost his phone number. I'm currently on a 2 year contract with Roger's cable, so I wanted to ask him if I could still take advantage of the 6 months free offer.

Thanks!

What? I got a call from a woman... only offered 3 months free and she suckered me in.

Hey benberly14,

Thanks!

I forget his name as remembering names seems to be my kryptonite, but heres his number 416-446-4543, good luck!

Back