Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Nifty: It really is that white, but if you don't like it, it is Toronto, I'm sure it will be grey soon enough :p I really like the look of the building, more so the view from the south. Apart from one day actually getting to see the inside of the building, I'm looking forward to P2 being finished and the whole area getting landscaped, that should do wonders for the look of the place.

Luis, for getting the old lady out, might I suggest luring her out with a copy of Downton Abbey on DVD pulled down the hall by fishing twine?

I'm loving that my new neighbours have a good sense of humour. As I said before, looking forward to meeting you all. I also agree with the new rule. ; )

Fun times? Please explain

I hear the PDI guy is very cute! Lol

A lot of what I read/heard about other people's PDIs (not specific to this building... just online in general about other buildings/houses) made it sound scary... like the builder rep was going to try and convince you that issues weren't actually anything that should be listed on the forms, etc. So I was nervous going in. But it was great.

The PDI rep deserves a lot of credit for putting up with my friend and I... and our inappropriate sense of humour!

Nifty: It really is that white, but if you don't like it, it is Toronto, I'm sure it will be grey soon enough :p I really like the look of the building, more so the view from the south. Apart from one day actually getting to see the inside of the building, I'm looking forward to P2 being finished and the whole area getting landscaped, that should do wonders for the look of the place.

Luis, for getting the old lady out, might I suggest luring her out with a copy of Downton Abbey on DVD pulled down the hall by fishing twine?

Hahahaha...that is amazing. I'd be happy to help with the old lady intervention if necessary :)

Lol!!!

I look forward to meeting him and my unit of course....

Should I be looking for anything in particular?

Check areas where the flooring meets up with the wall -- I had two floor boards (is that even what they're called???) that were cut too short leaving a gap. Turn on all the lights to make sure you can see any places where they have only done primer and no paint. Other things will probably be present which will jump out at you - chips etc. I tested some plugs using a phone charger. As mentioned above, the PDI wasn't nearly as scary as I thought after reading online - I asked questions and got honest answers, and wasn't pushed to accept anything as it is if I didn't think it was done right.

H.

Samantha - look on the Tarion website. It has a lot of information about PDIs and what to look for.

For those that now have occupancy, how was the occupancy process with the builder/lawyers etc? What do you have to pay at occupancy? Are there any fees aside from the lawyers fee?

Also wondering if the elevator is working, and if the garage has been opened?

Thanks!

For those that now have occupancy, how was the occupancy process with the builder/lawyers etc? What do you have to pay at occupancy? Are there any fees aside from the lawyers fee?

Also wondering if the elevator is working, and if the garage has been opened?

Thanks!

I'm not in yet, but will be next Friday.

It was my lawyer who contacted me to say that things were ready for occupancy.

To my lawyers appointment (a few days before my occupancy date) I have to bring a certified cheque for the (pro-rated) amount of my first months occupancy fee.

Then 6 post dated cheques for the full occupancy fee.

A void cheque for hydro.

Proof of insurance on the condo.

I'm in on my developers deal (offered to Standard Lofts tenants) so I don't have to give them another amount of money except for occupancy fees. Some people may have to give another 5% at occupancy, though, I believe if I remember correctly???

From speaking with Jenna I guess that once their lawyer confirms that my lawyer has sent everything then she gets permission to release keys, which are picked up from her on the occupancy day.

I don't pay any money to my lawyer until closing.

I went through the same process with MED, difference is, I'm not part of the Standard Loft, so I had to pay my additional 5% down. Lawyer fees to be paid at time of closing.

So yeah, anyone know about the elevator situation? Also is the buzzer system already installed at the front? Any idea of how the buzzer system is going to be like, buzzer code = unit number, etc? Is mail already being delivered to the building, are mailboxes even installed yet?

The buzzer system is installed, but I don't know if it's set up or how they are listing units.

Elevators are apparently up and running, but when I did my PDI we took the stairs because we couldn't get an elevator to come (busy with tradesmen perhaps?).

I asked about mail yesterday and was told that there was no delivery set up yet, but they're working on it. Mailboxes are in, not numbered by units last I saw... they need to do that. I was told to keep my previous address as long as I could since mail delivery can sometimes be problematic for the first little while for new addresses/builds even once Canada Post starts delivering.

hey fellow upsidedowners

am moving in on the 21st of feb , ground floor unit - was pretty happy with the PDI and not many issues at all - took some pictures of my unit - the patio isnt ready - one thing i did want to ask if anyone has the answer - what's the frequency of the GO train - is it 3 or 4 times a day or very frequent
looking forward to hanging out at the patio and having some beers - happy move everyone
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 005.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 564
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 561

Back