Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Sangrael... by any chance are you in the Standard Lofts Facebook group? If so private message me (Michelle) through there and I'll give you more details about what I was told about notice.

I am in that group (Amanda). I'll send you a message through that. Thanks!

26 January 2013:

Looks pretty awful.

9840j.jpg

Had my PDI today. Fun times. For real.

No real HUGE issues, mostly just cosmetic.

Hoping that my Feb. 8th move-in day sticks.

this project is not going to win any building awards for sure.....

Not to mention, aren't most of the architecturally beautiful buildings mostly glass? (which, as I've read, while aesthetically beautiful, long-term is not exactly the best solution for a building)
This isn't one of those glass foot to ceiling condos, like the Canary District Condos that look awesome, so I think by default, it will never look good compared to those type of condos.

@Samantha you must be confused, the only cute person on that site is Jenna.. Not the PDI guy..
And how would you know about him?? Unless you are him (TROLL)

On Friday I did my PDI (Unit 211 P1)..
First I wanna say that they do know about this forum and I also told them that a lot of people including myself are not very happy with what's been going on.. And I personally think the "PDI guy" is Samantha (who just posted a stupid comment).. That person just made a profile..

Anywayssss, my carpet and my floors weren't even installed in my unit.. So I don't know what the point was for me to see it without that being done.. I would recommend asking on the phone when booking your PDI if everything is done so your not told when your at the site..

The look of the packages aren't as bad as I thought they were going to look like.. So I'm happy with that.. But the quality is sh*t..
The faucet is ridiculously flimsy and I feel like I can snap it in half..

I also think someone has moved in on the fist floor (Floor 1 should be unit 110).. Saw a old lady looking out the window when I was there..

I was also given the option to pick my move in date and made the choice to delay the date until March 29th because I know there are a lot of people being f*cked over by not being able to move in.. And my situation is flexible at this time..

Do see some pics of my unit go to http://instagram.com/p/U7bi6kTRXn/

To justinkrego I am in fact a homeowner who's doing a PDI this week on the 4th floor.

It was simply a joke in regards to the Pdi guy.

I'm hoping my place will have everything in it!!!!

To justinkrego I am in fact a homeowner who's doing a PDI this week on the 4th floor.

It was simply a joke in regards to the Pdi guy.

I'm hoping my place will have everything in it!!!!

New rules for this forum...
1) take a deep breath before writing messages :) This will avoid people attacking their neighbours for thinking PDI guy is cute -- which for the record Samantha...he is...and super nice :)

On further consideration...that is the only new rule!

There are about 10 units or so that have people living in them (myself included) -- things are good, no major complaints :) Been nice to talk to some of the other people that have moved in. All pre-builds come with some hiccups...it comes with the territory of buying them.

Also...I think the building looks nice -- at the very least, very much like the design/model that was available when I bought it.

That is all.

Happy Monday morning neighbours!

1) take a deep breath before writing messages :) This will avoid people attacking their neighbours for thinking PDI guy is cute -- which for the record Samantha...he is...and super nice :)

There are about 10 units or so that have people living in them (myself included) -- things are good, no major complaints :) Been nice to talk to some of the other people that have moved in. All pre-builds come with some hiccups...it comes with the territory of buying them.

Also...I think the building looks nice -- at the very least, very much like the design/model that was available when I bought it.

That is all.

are the elevators working?

hello all,
I agree with hkidd19...
had my inspection last Friday and overall am very happy with the work. With the exception of a few cosmetic issues, the unit looks pretty good, and more spacious that I expected. I also think the building looks good - nothing too gaudy or tacky - especially for the excellent prices we paid. And the fact that our units have increased in value since we purchased them. BTW - just saw a 1-bedroom condo going up at Woodbine and Gerrard: 633 sq ft, no garage, no locker for $319,900 (!). At Woodbine & Gerrard (!).
And as far as the all-glass units downtown - that supposedly look more 'glamourous', and cost at least 100k more than ours - most are having issues with glass panels coming off. Many buildings have off-limits balconies as they're yet to replace the faulty panels.
Just my two-cents, but I'm happy (so far)with the purchase - the heartache, distress and frustration of the delays and departures notwithstanding.

Does the building actually look that white during the day time as it does in the photo above? It's shockingly white!

And I guess maybe I should look into replacing the faucets. The faucets are the main thing that are of "s*** quality" right? That is easily replaceable I guess. I will have to find someone to install it for me though since I have no idea how to do it myself.

That is all.

Hkidd...your post made me laugh...you are now one of my new favourite people.

And I don't think there's an old lady in Unit 110. If so, I have a squatter living in my place. How do you kick out an old lady???

Back