Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

hey yyzfa
the only other number I have is Jenna's - she is the one booking PDI's. Her # is 647.352.8066
Hope that helps

Anyone?? Another number than the sales centre?

Rob's number 416-483-1066 ext. 108. Just called and I get bounced back to the menu, whereas before I would get his voicemail. Not sure what is going on or if anyone will replace him and/or assume that number.

hello everyone!

I did my PDI last Friday and would like to give you an update.

Like people said before, there is always some touch-ups needed. But one thing bugs me is that there are furnaces in the unit. There is one in the living room and one in the master bedroom. These furnaces use electricity to heat the unit.

When I bought the unit, I was told the maintenance fee was going to be $0.26/sq feet which would cover cost of heating, water and the use of common element. I know this number is not realistic and would not be surprised to see the maintenance fee is higher than $0.26

But furnace in the unit means that each unit has too heat by itself in winter although the common areas would be heated by the condo. I was shocked! And it is electric furnace!

I asked Jenna about what would be covered by maintenance fee and she couldn't tell.

Since $0.26/sq feet and what it covers is not in the contract, I can only say it was misleading at the first place.

Hey bluearrow 66
What were your impressions of the interiors? Were you happy with the quality of the work and the look of the finishes? Were the hallways done on your floor?
thanks

I got an update re: hallways.

They explained to me that they won't complete the hallways (flooring or wallpaper) until people move in. I've been told this is standard in pre-builds as they figure people may scratch the floors and bump the walls and then the work would need to be re-done.

H.

Ya, I've been in friends' newly built condos and the hallways are always completely undone for the most part.

And bluearrow66 - I'm a newb with construction and whatnot, but what do you mean by individual "furnaces" in the bedroom and living room? Are they actually furnaces?
I have seen those in numerous condo units I've been in, never thought much about them, but I always thought of them as just there in condos. Plus I always thought furnaces were huge things in the basement with gas and a flame!

hi future neighbors,

i am the owner of 714, gonng move in the end of march, after the cold season,
is this condo price going up?

Hey bluearrow 66
What were your impressions of the interiors? Were you happy with the quality of the work and the look of the finishes? Were the hallways done on your floor?
thanks

The interior is okay. I should say it is not high end finishes but alright for the price we paid. The hallway will be done later with carpet on the floor and wallpaper on the walls.

The parking lot is not ready yet, but I was told it shall be ready soon.

As of last week, only one unit was actually occupied.

Ya, I've been in friends' newly built condos and the hallways are always completely undone for the most part.

And bluearrow66 - I'm a newb with construction and whatnot, but what do you mean by individual "furnaces" in the bedroom and living room? Are they actually furnaces?
I have seen those in numerous condo units I've been in, never thought much about them, but I always thought of them as just there in condos. Plus I always thought furnaces were huge things in the basement with gas and a flame!

I think these should not be furnaces, they should be motors for fan to blow in hot air in winter and cool air in summer. Furnaces are heating units which generate heat. The guy who lead me through the PDI process told me that they were furnaces and they use electricity to heat. I hope he was wrong.

Frustrated, but optimistic.

I am set to move in Feb 1st and after 2 phone calls and 2 emails, I was finally contacted to do my PDI today. Realizing that the office must be a mess with staff changes and clients moving in, I easily let that go. However, I was told that although they will allow us to move our stuff in Feb 1, we might not actually be able to occupy the unit due to city permits that they're still waiting for.

1) Don't blame the city for my delayed move-in. It is the builder that should be held responsible for the delay. The city just wants to ensure the safety of the clients.

2) If we can't move in due to safety reasons, how is it safe to allow us to still go in and move all of our stuff in?

We were offered to be put up in a hotel (which we will have to take since we have to be out of our rental Feb 1), but what about the other expenses such as food, laundry, transportation, etc? Will they be offering compensation for that as well? Hopefully, we won't have to deal with any of this stuff and they receive the permits and all is a-okay. However, it is difficult to make this an enjoyable first time buyer experience when everything is being rushed, information from the sales office is conflicting, and communication is delayed.

I will update the thread after our PDI. Does anyone have a good checklist for 'look-fors'? I have an idea of what to do, but a check-list would be really helpful.

Good luck with everyone who is moving soon!

Also, the new acting "Robert Falus" is Dee who can be contacted at Dee@neudorfercorp.com.

Back