Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

LoL.. To be honest, when he said I would be getting $5,000 I stopped him and said it was supposed to be $7,500 (because of the info I have seen) then he got a little flustered and short saying that I was wrong (explained why it was $5,000) and also said everyone is getting the wrong info because of what people on saying on the form..lol I didn't go any deeper on the form topic, but they know as they should by this point..

And the reason why we aren't moving in is because they need permits before moving in.. And because of the Christmas holidays they can't get someone to come out until very late January.. So I'm thinking we are moving in Feb..

Sooooo hmmm. If this delay to MOVE IN is due to a permit, then theoretically, it's just red tape keeping occupants from going in but the work on the building to hit the original dates could, again theoretically, still be on schedule?

From what I've seen, there were move in dates for Dec, Feb and March, right? If so, there is just a delay for December but the work can still be completed for those in March, let's say.

I am a March occupant so I am crossing fingers this permit delay being pushed to end of Jan or Feb doesn't mean I get pushed to April or May.

LoL.. To be honest, when he said I would be getting $5,000 I stopped him and said it was supposed to be $7,500 (because of the info I have seen) then he got a little flustered and short saying that I was wrong (explained why it was $5,000) and also said everyone is getting the wrong info because of what people on saying on the form..lol I didn't go any deeper on the form topic, but they know as they should by this point..

And the reason why we aren't moving in is because they need permits before moving in.. And because of the Christmas holidays they can't get someone to come out until very late January.. So I'm thinking we are moving in Feb..

Thanks for sharing the info.

Does anyone have any recent pics of phase 1? What stage are they with balcony enclosures and has anyone been able to see through windows to any of the interiors? Curious to see what they look like - gasp and thanks.

Sooooo hmmm. If this delay to MOVE IN is due to a permit, then theoretically, it's just red tape keeping occupants from going in but the work on the building to hit the original dates could, again theoretically, still be on schedule?

From what I've seen, there were move in dates for Dec, Feb and March, right? If so, there is just a delay for December but the work can still be completed for those in March, let's say.

I am a March occupant so I am crossing fingers this permit delay being pushed to end of Jan or Feb doesn't mean I get pushed to April or May.

prob not gonna happen. i had a move in date of feb 1st, and now its looking like mid march at the earliest. annnd on another note, for all the money the builder will be paying out in compensation, im sure theyll just delay final registration so that theyll get it all back through interum occupancy fees

prob not gonna happen. i had a move in date of feb 1st, and now its looking like mid march at the earliest. annnd on another note, for all the money the builder will be paying out in compensation, im sure theyll just delay final registration so that theyll get it all back through interum occupany fees

Have anyone got in writing the compensation they have agreed over the phone? They won't make it valid until you get it in writing.

Boo! So I just got my email for my delay of occupancy (originally March 1).

And like everyone else, it asks for me to sign the document.

What exactly is the procedure for getting compensation that everyone is following? I am following along on this thread but so far, I am hearing 1) don't sign it and 2) either bring it to your lawyer to deal with (which incurs costs as you're using your lawyer's time) or not have the builder deal with it and get them to pay for compensation, without the help of the lawyer.

Mine is just a delay of 2 weeks so not the end of the world but in any case, curious on what next steps should be or if I should just sign the thing.

Boo! So I just got my email for my delay of occupancy (originally March 1).

And like everyone else, it asks for me to sign the document.

What exactly is the procedure for getting compensation that everyone is following? I am following along on this thread but so far, I am hearing 1) don't sign it and 2) either bring it to your lawyer to deal with (which incurs costs as you're using your lawyer's time) or not have the builder deal with it and get them to pay for compensation, without the help of the lawyer.

Mine is just a delay of 2 weeks so not the end of the world but in any case, curious on what next steps should be or if I should just sign the thing.

You need to talk to you lawyer and discuss the clauses regarding the delivery delays for occupancy, this is under the purchase and sales agreement you signed when you bought it. It seems to be different for each buyer depending on when you signed it and when was the original date you were given, and therefore the number of times they've postponed the occupancy date. The Tarion rules may not be enforceable based on what your agreement says and you signed when purchased.

From my perspective the builder is sending out the same amendment agreement to everybody, but in some cases they wont require to give them any compensation. The only way to make any compensation they verbally promised enforceable is by having them to put it on writing.

Just curious...has anyone actually moved into the building? Was wondering if anyone's seen the interiors yet and what they're like.

Drove by the building this morning on the way to work and it's looking great. Most of the balcony enclosures are up and guys were painting the balcony ceilings. I just can't imagine anyone having actually moved in yet, though...or anyone moving in next month for that matter...there's still so much work going on, and - hate to bring it up - the noise and activity from Phase 2 going up will wear pretty thin once we're in.

Hello all..... well, I haven't been following this site as much as I was earlier....
We just received our letter delaying occupancy.
I forwarded to my lawyer. As per our lawyer "signing this document resets the date".... so we have decided that we will NOT be signing the document... as per our lawyer.

Hello future neighbours,

Just wanted to take this moment to wish you all a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and looking forward to meeting you all in the new year.

A few pictures from December 24th.

20121224_141706.jpg
20121224_141719.jpg

Attachments

• 20121224_141706.jpg
    20121224_141706.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 337
  • 20121224_141719.jpg
    20121224_141719.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 333
Hi everyone, Happy Holidays.

In response to mk2vr, yes, I was promised by Robert that I'd be moving in mid January, but when I went to the Sales Office last week and casually brought it up, they looked at me like I had two heads. They mentioned that occupancy for my floor is slated for first week of Feb!!
I've tried to be patient, but now I've just lost it. It might as well be March at this point.

Back