Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

I wouldn't put too much stock in what the sales centre says, they don't really know what they're talking about. I was told by them occupancy would be May 2013, and called Rob Falus after who said no way, on track for Dec-Jan. This was a few months ago, so I guess it could have changed a bit, but the progress on the site looks very very good.

I agree hatfield. As a matter of fact, I called Rob Falus this morning, after reading the previous post saying that move-in wouldn't be till March. Rob assured me that occupancy for lower floors is still on target for December. He said that they've done drywall and are installing bathtubs. I'm on the 5th floor (Phase 1) and he's confident we'll move in around December...

I agree hatfield. As a matter of fact, I called Rob Falus this morning, after reading the previous post saying that move-in wouldn't be till March. Rob assured me that occupancy for lower floors is still on target for December. He said that they've done drywall and are installing bathtubs. I'm on the 5th floor (Phase 1) and he's confident we'll move in around December...

I totally agree with that. i spoke wiht my friend working there and he even said that all the lower floors will be in for December, higher floors can expect around mid Jan most likely but either way i don't think the sales centre ppl know what they are talking about too much

Just a quick update; the crane was removed from phase one, but alot of windows/precast still missing from the higher floors

Any news?? Anyone have an idea of when they'll start doing pre-delivery inspections, etc?

I don't know about pre-delivery inspections - can you tell us what we're entitled to? I'm dying to go in and see the unit!

Only update I have is that the garage walls appear to have been painted a few weeks ago.

It's literally going to the condo and doing a "house/home inspection" before moving in, making sure everything is in order prior to you actually moving in.

Well, for what it's worth, here are some photos from today. Based on my completely uninformed and non-expert point of view, I'd say they are focusing on the inside lower levels rather than the exterior upper floors. :)

IMAG0326.jpg
IMAG0328.jpg
IMAG0327.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0326.jpg
    IMAG0326.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 374
  • IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0328.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 399
  • IMAG0327.jpg
    IMAG0327.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 390
Have anyone received a letter from the builder about the final moving date?. On October 15th it will be two months before the last date they gave us , and by law if any changes they must notify 60 days in advance .

Well, for what it's worth, here are some photos from today. Based on my completely uninformed and non-expert point of view, I'd say they are focusing on the inside lower levels rather than the exterior upper floors. :)

View attachment 9466View attachment 9467View attachment 9468

My first impression of those pictures is that the building looks like a prison/detention centre. I'm sure it will look a little better once its all complete and a brighter looking day.

Can someone confirm when the occupancy date is set for these units? Is it March 2013 for lower levels or has it been pushed back?

December 14th, 2012 was the latest officially confirmed occupancy date. Lots of speculation abounds though about what will realistically happen in the coming weeks.

Hello all,
I just spoke to both Lawrence - the realtor mentioned on one of the Phase 1 Posting, and Amy at the Sales Centre. Both have reiterated that December is the move-in date for the lower floors. Higher floors will have more staggered occupancy dates. Both have also mentioned that March is the date set for the general public - for unsold inventory - but that existing owners can expect to enter in December. I asked about pre-occupancy inspection and Amy said that this could happen even as close as one-two days before moving in.
Also, as I suspected, when I mentioned to her that December seems an ambitious move-in date given the amount of work that still needs to be done by the looks of the site, she mentioned that the first while is going to be a mess: with workers coming and going, and dust and grit everywhere. I guess after all these years, the dirt is something we can all live for a while. Hope this helps to reassure everyone...
Amy did mention that if people do have questions or are still uncertain, to give her a call at the Sales Office

I talked to Amy and she let me know that there are two factors that will determine your move in date.
1)The date that you purchased (myself in 2009)
2)If you are between 1st and 8th floor

They are prioritizing which units are finished first because they must meet earlier deadlines for people who purchased earlier because they have already changed my move in date 3 times to the maximum amount of time allowed. So not all units on each floor will be finished at the same time. They will be finishing all the prioritized units up to the eight floor for move in Dec 14th. All others that will have a delayed move in date were mailed letters at the end of next week.
Amy was very nice and said to let anyone else who had questions to call her anytime.

Back