Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

I'm on the 11th and picking mine out on Wednesday!
I hope they have a model unit of the bathroom because I just want to visualize the bathroom that apparently WE ALL WILL HAVE. But probably not and it'll just be the colour swatches.

So, we'll be all picked by the end of the month, then they've got to place the order, wait (I'm guessing) at least another month before it all arrives, I'm feeling less hopeful about it all getting installed by Dec 14.

A question for those that have bought pre-built before, any idea at what point we actually find out when we can move in? Right now we all seem to be set for Dec 14, I can't imagine they'd have 200 people trying to move in all at once. Any ideas?

Pete
6th floor (and for those keeping score, I went with package 2)

So, we'll be all picked by the end of the month, then they've got to place the order, wait (I'm guessing) at least another month before it all arrives, I'm feeling less hopeful about it all getting installed by Dec 14.

A question for those that have bought pre-built before, any idea at what point we actually find out when we can move in? Right now we all seem to be set for Dec 14, I can't imagine they'd have 200 people trying to move in all at once. Any ideas?

Pete
6th floor (and for those keeping score, I went with package 2)

No, it'd be be lower levels first. So for me being on 11th, conceivably I might be moving Jan-Feb, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Yes, it will be the lower levels first, floor by floor. I was told that we will move in as they are completed the interiors 2 floors above our floor.

I picked yesterday (number 3...which looks quite a bit different than on the website) and I also asked the girl working there how it was coming along and if the target dates looked accurate. She looked uncomfortable and skirted around the question, finally saying that they'll be coming out with new dates soon. So it didn't seem very promising, unfortunately.

As for the bathroom model. They have a vanity set up to show what it's going to look like. It's suuuuper basic. But good to know what it's going to look like.

I picked yesterday (number 3...which looks quite a bit different than on the website) and I also asked the girl working there how it was coming along and if the target dates looked accurate. She looked uncomfortable and skirted around the question, finally saying that they'll be coming out with new dates soon. So it didn't seem very promising, unfortunately.

As for the bathroom model. They have a vanity set up to show what it's going to look like. It's suuuuper basic. But good to know what it's going to look like.

Really? That's depressing. But, wishful thinking, could she be thinking that it wasn't referring to the December date? We literally JUST got the the letters informing us of December 14th occupancy, am I right? That would be possibly the 4th push back!

Can someone provide a picture update (im out of town currently).. curious to know how its looking

Here's a couple from this past weekend.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 251
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 241
Here's a couple from this past weekend.

Thanks dude, looks like its coming along nicely..

Anyone planning on selling their unit once it's completed or leasing it?

Im thinking it makes sense to hang on to it, considering fuse will be building a community which should drive more businesses into the area..

thoughts?

We will be moving in to our unit, but I do think that it makes sense to hang on to it for a few years while fuse, Metro and Shoppers are built, as the area is only going to become more in demand, driving up prices. Our plan is to stay for a few years at least and then re-evaluate.

Hey hatfield...
I think you're right; I feel the same way. I think the area is really developing and Fuse/Metro/Shoppers will only help to raise its value and desirability. I was told by both the Sales Office and the developer that our units have already increased in value between 30-50K - depending on the configuration.
I also think that downtown has become saturated with condos - especially faulty glass condos - and given that ours are built differently, they may eventually become more desirable. And we're very close to great dining/arts areas (Dundas, Ossington, Junction)...So, it might make sense to hold on to the units for a while. It's just too bad about the yellow co-ops flanking our building. Just my two-cents...

Back