Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Finally got that long awaited letter! Basically the letter says excavations have started shoring has started too and work on the parking structure is starting very soon. As of the occupancy date its been bumped up slightly to September 15 2012. So good news that we're finally getting some communication and actually seeing things getting done :)

fuse purchase

purchased a fuse condo yesterday. not many units left.
west building release expected in the next month or so.

purchased a fuse condo yesterday. not many units left.
west building release expected in the next month or so.

Congratz on the buy!

Do you know the percentage of sales...how many left?

Whene did they say they are looking to break ground?

Rikk

Finally got that long awaited letter! Basically the letter says excavations have started shoring has started too and work on the parking structure is starting very soon. As of the occupancy date its been bumped up slightly to September 15 2012. So good news that we're finally getting some communication and actually seeing things getting done :)

I got the letter also...so we are now getting some updates which is good.....but I am guessing the Sept 2012 move in date is for the bottom floors....I am at the top so if all goes as planed I will be in a Dec. move in....

The site has been very busy with hauling soil....and at time there are 15 dump trucks.....hauling it away all day....this has been going on for about 25 days....and of course there have been breaks due to rain....

Congratz on the buy!

Do you know the percentage of sales...how many left?

Whene did they say they are looking to break ground?

Rikk

not sure how many are left.
but for one bed or one bed + den the south and east units were nearly sold out.
on east side highest floor available was 9th.
closing is june 2014. this date cant be delayed much because of contract with Metro.
was also told shoppers drugmart has signed up. will be located on west side.

I'm excited for the potential businesses coming into the area. Any chance a starbucks will open up? lol....

Does anyone remember the builders saying that they wanted to build phase 1 and phase 2 simultaneously to save money on stuff like equipment rentals? I could have sworn that was their plan...are they not doing that anymore?

Rikk man, you got any more pics you can post of the site? Glad to see that things are moving along, I too got the letter the other day.

Fuse, congrats in purchasing a unit.

itchingtomove, I'm going to be in trouble if they open a Starbucks so close. =P I'm already in love with the new one on Dupont and Christie.

Rikk man, you got any more pics you can post of the site? Glad to see that things are moving along, I too got the letter the other day.

itchingtomove, I'm going to be in trouble if they open a Starbucks so close. =P I'm already in love with the new one on Dupont and Christie.

that's not what they were saying when I bought in on phase 1, they insisted that it would be started first. I got my letter today (one in the regular mail and one by registered letter.....guess they figured I'd bother them with emails otherwise LOL!). I'm frustrated that they picked Sept 15 as the new date (exactly 15 days before the 2 years from the original occupancy date came up)....if they'd made it Sept 30 I could have gotten my money back and bought something here. This whole thing has been ridiculous.

I will take some today and post them!

Rikk :)

i went by the site today, and it certainly looks a lot deeper than it did a few weeks ago. Not sure how fast they've been moving, but its good to see some progress at least.

A pic of the dig site

Attachments

• DSC_0310.jpg
    DSC_0310.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 237
They seem to be moving at a quick pace now, sorta with a sense of urgency. I guess because they have no choice but to meet the new deadline.

Thanks for the update!
I hope they do keep up the pace...and *crosses fingers* move in gets MIRACULOUSLY bumped up earlier than September 2012. It always bums me out that I COULD have been about 6 months-ish away from moving in, had the previous occupancy date been kept. :(

Here are some better pictures and it looks like they are digging bellow the water table and or the rain has been draining into the holes. By the looks of it the holes with the water are atleast one meter deep.

Attachments

• dig1.jpg
    dig1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 224
  • dig2.jpg
    dig2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 222
  • dig3.jpg
    dig3.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 199

Back