Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

also, supposedly alot of phase 3 is already sold (to friends and family) and it may turn out that only phase 4 will need to be opened for sale to the public.

From what I've heard, family and friends haven't had the chance to buy yet and they're expecting the strong demand for phase 3 to carry into phase 4.

So what i wanna kno now is that since fuse needs to be done by 2014, they should get started on phase 1 soon and have it completed quick, since to build a condo like phase 3 is gonna take a couple of years to build, may just be wishful thinking but its only makes sense unless they wanna take on all these projects at the same time

Phase 1

I recently just bought into Phase 1.
Although i was assured that construction was about to being, I remained skeptical. Below are a few points for and against starting construction immediately:

For:
- by not starting Phase 1, would cause purchasers of Phase 3 & 4 to be skeptical of the timeline that has been set out for completion of their project.
- if work is not starting soon they will miss a full construction season - building in the cold season when light is limited causes delays and cost overruns
- i ride my bike through the area often and as of Monday there seemed to be more 'activity' on the site as there has been in the past

Against:
- based on the builder's plans, phase 1 and 2 have a common underground parking garage - i am uncertain but can phase 1 be built before phase 2 if they share a common substructure?
- the sales agent slipped that building phase 1 and 2 together would save the builder both time and money (probably the biggest indicator of further delays)
- phase 1 can be delayed indefinately so i suspect that both phases will be built at the same time, therefore pushing phase 1 completion out to the same time as phase 2 (december 2013)
- phase 1 is not under the Tarion rules whereas phase 2, 3 and 4 are (Tarion rules limit the # of times a builder can delay construction)
- it is possible that his construction schedule accomodates phases 2 and 3 before they accomodate phase 1

hopefully that is a realistic assesment of phase 1, but we should always hope for the best!

I'm sure someone has mentioned this already, but when someone names a condo "upside down condo", one holds a certain 'high' expectation for the architecture. I'm disappointed by the build-up of the naming....

I'm sure they will build #1 and #2 at the same time..or if not #2 will not be that far behind.

And it's upside down cono prices...not upside down condos lol

I'm sure they will build #1 and #2 at the same time..or if not #2 will not be that far behind.

And it's upside down cono prices...not upside down condos lol

haha i know...but the title of the thread is misleading..when I read it I thought of a building similar to that of the Sears building at 222 Jarvis

seen some more activity on the site this morning, I went talked with them and they said they will be starting shortly....they did not give me a day...but they are planning to start soon.....

Why do i feel ive heard those words before lol. what exactly were they doing?

LOL.......... I know.......... I know

They were taking some measurments of the fence and talking about erecting a barrier for the construction, they were also taking about puting heavey equipment and a office on site for the construction. I over heard this becuase they were right below my window......there has been many people visiting the site all week.

Actually, the contracts for Phase 1 are under Tarion rules and do have a time limit. My lawyer has reviewed the contract and confirms that the Builder can only push the occupancy date back twice, and only to a maximum of 24 months. I bought in when the occupancy date was Sept 2010 (that was back in May 2009!), so that only gives them until Sept 2012 before they have to let people out of the deal and return their $. That's why they haven't sent any further information out, they've already pushed it back once to Dec 2011, and they know that they can only push it back once more. They also have to give us 65 days notice before they pass the 24 months deadline....that would mean they will likely not send any furher information until June 2012. It's very frustrating!

If you want to try to get more information out of them, you can try one of the following email addresses:
rob@neudorfercorp.com
ashapero@owenswright.com
ccondie@owenswright.com

The first is the developer, the other two are the lawyers. I haven't gotten even a peep out of them, but the more people who try to get news about something, the better. At this point I don't even care that the price has gone up $40,000 since I bought in, I'm tired of waiting as I no longer plan to move to the city and this condo is holding me back from moving on real estate in my own city. Unfortunately my lawyer says there's nothing to be done until they push it back one more time.

they were unloading an excavator friday afternoon

There is another one...it was dropped of this morning at 6:30...its a little larger that the first...so I am thinking they are starting now.

Rikk

Got home tonight and I did see that work has been done on the site....looks like they are cleaning it up and moving stuff out in trucks.

Back