Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

maybe we can all meet at a coffe shop! Put one together....I work full time and attend university full time...but i can help draft the letter.....we just need the numbers to have people sign it to get something done.... there is power in numbers.....!

That's possible.... lets see how many others would be interested.

I'd be willing to do that. I've had a bad expirence with Giraffe Condos, dont kno how many of you heard bout what happened there but long story short they were denied by the OMB to build and i had to wait 4-5 months to get my deposit back so i really wanna aviod that from happening. I'll feel real comfortable once i see the foundation being layed but haven't got anyword as to when thats gonna start, the sales office says anyday now but who truthful really is that

I'd be willing to do that. I've had a bad expirence with Giraffe Condos, dont kno how many of you heard bout what happened there but long story short they were denied by the OMB to build and i had to wait 4-5 months to get my deposit back so i really wanna aviod that from happening. I'll feel real comfortable once i see the foundation being layed but haven't got anyword as to when thats gonna start, the sales office says anyday now but who truthful really is that

I feel for you, a friend of mine also bought into the development at the very, very, very beginning, so it was kind heart breaking to see him wait so long and go back and forth with it going and then not going. I can only imagine what he went through and what you went through and would hope that I would never have to experience something like that. Especially in most peoples cases, it's their first home.

Rikk, how come you left the FB group, did you just leave FB in general?

Now I'm wondering when they said in the email to me next week (the response was over this past weekend) when they said next week, I wonder if they meant this week that we're in or the following week? Hmmm

I would be more than happy to partake in signing of the petition. I've been following this thread for over a year and I appreciate all the work that people do to relay information. Keep the thread posted and let everyone know. :)

I've been in contact with one of sales agents in the sales centre.

Hi,

Any news from the sales centre?

This moning I did see a few guys in the feild and I went and talked with one, and he said they are going to start clearing out the rubish, and that lead me to asking are they going to start....he said yes it looks like it will be soon.

No letter yet from Falus...and the status on teh City sit for the foundation is still "Underreview".

Ya I did leave FB...due my work...security issue :(

did they say they would start cleaning the rubbish today?

Hi,

No, the chap did not tell when but he said it would be soon.....but on another note I did see a backhoe and a guy taking soil samples this morning.

As for the letter lets see by the end of this week if we have not yet recieved it, then we should move forward with it.....so that 4 people so far.....anyone else?

Rikk

Hi,

Any news from the sales centre?

This moning I did see a few guys in the feild and I went and talked with one, and he said they are going to start clearing out the rubish, and that lead me to asking are they going to start....he said yes it looks like it will be soon.

No letter yet from Falus...and the status on teh City sit for the foundation is still "Underreview".

Ya I did leave FB...due my work...security issue :(

I'm glad to hear that they are getting ready. At this point, I dont really believe anyone is being honest to us.....
They say it to shut you up. Havent we heard alot of promises since April 2010.

Is it common for developers to do concrete foundations in the winter months? Call me crazy, but I think this would be the worst time, not only for the workers but also for the integrity of the foundation. To be honest, I almost wish they would wait til spring 2011, if it means a stronger foundation. A poor base is only trouble in the years to come..... no ???

i dont think its uncommon to see foundation layed down in the winter time. i have a piece of property on dundas and brock and they put up these new condos called azul. there are all but finished, but i remember they started the foundation laying in the winter and worked rite through the winter. everything i see happening seems to be leading to the face that the will be starting soon, they have to if they plan on being anywhere close to there december 2011.

I've witnessed it too over the years, condos going up with the foundation be done during the winter, it also depends a lot on our winter, a lot of these developers bank on the hopes that we have mild winters like we've been getting over the years. Also I highly doubt move in is Dec 2011, I think that is why there's been a delay with the letter, they probably just want to send out one letter to everyone telling them exactly what is going on and their new move in dates. I'm picturing a Spring/Summer move in 2012. I'd be content for a April - June move in period, that way then it's not that much of a delay.

Anyone know statistically, what the average delay is for a condo development in Toronto?

i bought into this project @ 162k with locker and parking i believe. i bought it in 2008 or 2009. After reading some posts here....can someone tell me what the deal is here? is this project being cancelled coz if it is im gonna hold my agent responsible for making me invest with unstable developers.

i don't think its being cancelled. when i bought with giraffe they didn't even break ground. These guys seem to be a little bit more organized and have already broke ground and it looks like there planing the foundation already. i guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens but im optimistic this will get done

So today i fist spoke with the sales office and they said that there has been people working at the site already gearing up for some final excavations to start laying the foundation, i then spoke with tom fauls and he said that the phase one unite is 90% sold and that everything is on schedule and they will begin excavating next week so i guess all thats left is to wait and see

Back