News   Apr 25, 2024
 318     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 988     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Unbuilt Toronto projects on Sketchup

And besides, if you want the most "Stalinist" skyscraper in Toronto, it's probably Canada Life.
canada-life-building.jpg

Then again, towers like Imperial Oil up on St Clair are a little like Stalinist designs which were de-Stalinized in post-1955 execution...

Wylie,

Here is a proposal that will be in TOBuilt when I next update. It's from 1926, and would have been at the intersection of King & Yonge. I forget the architect just now, but have the info at home.

KingYongeR.jpg

That's amazing Archivist. I've been researching a proposal during this period by CNR for a tower on the northwest corner of King and Yonge. At one point Eustace Bird was announced as architect. It would be interesting to know if this was his work. I have never seen this image.

This is it - Eustace Bird was the architect. It's not a great image, from the Star online. It would have been nice if this were to have been built, no?

I agree, this would have been nice. With the (unbuilt) Toronto Towers project just to the west, and of course with the Bank of Commerce across the street, this stretch of King would have been something.

Back