Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

So it seems that Highway 407 Station will have a public washroom:
290b0d4f02e64168a4df8d8fd427bbe3.png

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/images/Hwy_407_Display_Boards_Open_House_REV.pdf

it also seems highway 407 station will have a runway for when planes fly above and mistake it for an airport

http://www.citynews.ca/2009/02/25/t...s-in-toronto-why-are-the-ttc-stations-so-bad/

Those are penitentiary fixtures, as an joke example only.

Used to be, maybe still are, the TTC washrooms are considered "bad". See link, from 2009.

Which subway stations have washrooms? Here’s the "current" list:

Spadina Line
Downsview
Wilson

Yonge-University Line Bloor-Yonge
Eglinton
Finch

Bloor-Danforth Line

Kipling
Warden
Kennedy

Sheppard Line Sheppard-Yonge
Don Mills​
Bloor-Yonge has washrooms.

There should be washrooms at Union, St. George, and Eglinton West stations, since those three are major transfer points (with Eglinton West (renamed Cedarvale) becoming a transfer point once Line 5 is opened).

Bloor-Yonge has washrooms.

There should be washrooms at Union, St. George, and Eglinton West stations, since those three are major transfer points (with Eglinton West (renamed Cedarvale) becoming a transfer point once Line 5 is opened).

Tend to agree with Union, though I can't imagine there is any space in the TTC area proper, and the new mall/GO concourse will have plenty.

AoD

Highway 407 is the runway. Like every 400-series highway, 1 in 5 miles is straight so the military can land planes in times of national emergency ;)
Doesn't that make every single 400-series highway a runway? I know that small planes can emergency land on them, but can large planes/jets do it too?

Highway 407 looks more like a runway because it is more percent concrete than the other ones :eek:

Are there any renders of the YRT Pioneer Village Terminal? Or is it going to be a simple bus loop with normal Curbside shelters (Promenade Terminal).

I remember seeing one somewhere. Its going to be a bit fancier than the Finch Terminal, but still nothing amazing. IIRC it extends the architectural style of the TTC terminal but in a more reserved way that is a bit easier on the budget.

Are there any renders of the YRT Pioneer Village Terminal? Or is it going to be a simple bus loop with normal Curbside shelters (Promenade Terminal).
speaking of pioneer village station, I recall seeing a photo of the interior in brad ross' tweets a couple weeks back. You can clearly see how the station is overdesigned. The finished ceiling only goes up to about 10-12 ft but there is almost triple that space up top which has NOTHING. Now I have yet to see photos of how they run ductwork, but surely you dont need 30ft drop ceiling to run ductwork. Either that or they designed for the ceiling space to be one gigantic return air plenum.
Were mech drawings ever released?

speaking of pioneer village station, I recall seeing a photo of the interior in brad ross' tweets a couple weeks back. You can clearly see how the station is overdesigned. The finished ceiling only goes up to about 10-12 ft but there is almost triple that space up top which has NOTHING. Now I have yet to see photos of how they run ductwork, but surely you dont need 30ft drop ceiling to run ductwork. Either that or they designed for the ceiling space to be one gigantic return air plenum.
It may be a surprise, but sometimes, in architecture, form does not 100% follow function.

Frank Ghery's designs, too, will be full of empty spaces that do nothing.

It may be a surprise, but sometimes, in architecture, form does not 100% follow function.

Frank Ghery's designs, too, will be full of empty spaces that do nothing.

Not really surprised that Architects do live in their own dreamland sometimes but considering the massive cost of this project I wouldve
expected better from the city to reign them in.

Not really surprised that Architects do live in their own dreamland sometimes but considering the massive cost of this project I wouldve expected better from the city to reign them in.
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that large architectural showpieces (and the high price tag associated) was not exactly what was asked for.

Back