News   Apr 26, 2024
 142     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 157     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 584     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

wait wth. Is that a wraparound ad, or are we now painting the TR's red? Hope so cuz it looks phenomenal. Looked like a u-bahn or s-bahn in Hamburg or something.

Well half of the train is still silver. It looks nice though. The first generation trains are the best-looking ones by far, it would be cool if they started painting the subway trains in that scheme

upload_2017-9-1_22-1-11.png

upload_2017-9-1_22-1-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-1_22-1-11.png
    upload_2017-9-1_22-1-11.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 366
  • upload_2017-9-1_22-1-37.png
    upload_2017-9-1_22-1-37.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 331
wait wth. Is that a wraparound ad, or are we now painting the TR's red? Hope so cuz it looks phenomenal. Looked like a u-bahn or s-bahn in Hamburg or something.
It was a partial wrap of the train I think it was only the middle four cars that were wrapped as apposed to the whole train

Has there been any developments on the possible sale of some Orion 7s to NY MTA? Is that dead or just sleeping?

It bugs me that the city and the TTC is ever so slowly removing streetcar tracks. Instead, they should be installing detour streetcar tracks.

TIFF2017_Diversion_%201.jpg

The latest example is for TIFF. Instead of allowing the streetcars to row slowly through, they are detouring them very wide, and using buses for the short comings. The city and the TTC should be installing tracks that would allow the use of streetcars instead of buses around detours.

From link.

I had expected to see a passing track where the eastbound 512 St. Clair streetcar platform is now, at St. Clair West Station. There is a passing track for the westbound 512 platform, but the westbound streetcar will now have to wait for the eastbound streetcars to leave the eastbound platform first before moving into the westbound platform.

There was reconstruction some time ago at St. Clair West Station, but nothing was really done to improve streetcar movements. The penny-pinchers doing their worst... again.

It bugs me that the city and the TTC is ever so slowly removing streetcar tracks. Instead, they should be installing detour streetcar tracks.

TIFF2017_Diversion_%201.jpg

The latest example is for TIFF. Instead of allowing the streetcars to row slowly through, they are detouring them very wide, and using buses for the short comings. The city and the TTC should be installing tracks that would allow the use of streetcars instead of buses around detours.

From link.
The TTC doesn't seem to fancy using temp tracks much. Maybe something about the weight of the CLRVs/Flexities? The bottom line is whether TIFF should get to close one of the principal streets in Toronto in both directions for that length of time. I would argue - no, they shouldn't. At most, they should get the north side of the street and allow transit traffic to operate on the south side. If they want a plaza for their annual beano, well they should have recessed Lightbox's streetwall from King.

I missed this previously, but there is a confidential report on Danforth Garage (Coxwell-Danforth) at today's commission meeting. Disposal imminent?

While TTC is busy rejecting the 2-hour transfer (for now), other cities use various time intervals depending on how much one pays.

In Prague, see link, you can buy a 30 minutes fare (for 24 CZK or $1.36 CDN) or a 90 minute fare (for 32 CZK or $1.81 CDN), in addition to an all day pass or a three day pass.

Ticket%20Prague.jpg

They also allow one to use SMS (see link).

prague-ticket-sms.jpg

Back