135     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 245     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 432     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Portion of TTC Line 2 closed this weekend

October 7, 2015

This weekend, Oct. 10-11, there will be no subway service between St George and Pape stations on Line 2 as the TTC conducts work on the Prince Edward Viaduct (Bloor Viaduct). Crews will conduct cable installation and other work to allow for the City of Toronto to continue its structural work on the viaduct early next year. The TTC will use this opportunity to replace sections of power rail.

A frequent replacement bus service will operate between St George and Pape stations.

Chester, Sherbourne and Bay stations will be closed. All the other affected stations will remain open for the sale of fare media.

Wheel-Trans vehicles will be available for customers who require accessible transit. Customers can speak with any uniformed TTC employee at either station to make use of this service.

Normal subway service will resume on Mon., Oct. 12 at 6 a.m.

On Norfinch Dr near Finch, I discovered this parking lot with 4 old TTC buses parked on it. Anyone know what it's for?

21934599069_e04032359c_h.jpg

21934613779_1cc8bab69c_h.jpg

"Mobile Education Learning Centre"
22121593325_5bbc5297f4_h.jpg

21934646049_c75b673add_h.jpg

21498733264_a8292272b5_h.jpg

On that note, a little bit east of St. Clair East and Warden, there's an old H-Series train sitting behind some bushes in a disused parking lot. Look along the south side of St. Clair, and if you have a sharp eye you'll spot it.

This proposed a low-income TTC pass.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tra.../does-toronto-need-a-low-income-ttc-pass.html

To me it makes sense as it will clear the way for a distance based fare system as the system expands - subsidize the low income passengers in a separate way so that nobody will complain a distance based system will be unfair to the poor, when it is pretty clear plenty of people with means who live in expensive suburban homes are subsidized by students who rent a $400 room in/near downtown. I know some UofT students who walk 25/30 minutes to campus in the -15C cold winter just to save that $3.

This proposed a low-income TTC pass.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tra.../does-toronto-need-a-low-income-ttc-pass.html

To me it makes sense as it will clear the way for a distance based fare system as the system expands - subsidize the low income passengers in a separate way so that nobody will complain a distance based system will be unfair to the poor, when it is pretty clear plenty of people with means who live in expensive suburban homes are subsidized by students who rent a $400 room in/near downtown. I know some UofT students who walk 25/30 minutes to campus in the -15C cold winter just to save that $3.

You think people in expensive suburban homes are the majority use case for public transit?

You think people in expensive suburban homes are the majority use case for public transit?
What's suburban? Just judging by the shear numbers of my neighbours swarming the streetcar stop at 8 AM, it's clear that most are using public transit.

The demographics of transit users that have been published in the past show many own houses and cars. The point is valid.

What's suburban? Just judging by the shear numbers of my neighbours swarming the streetcar stop at 8 AM, it's clear that most are using public transit.

The demographics of transit users that have been published in the past show many own houses and cars. The point is valid.

But are they racist?

EX9.9
ACTION

Ward:5, 6, 13, 14, 19, 20, 28, 30

Waterfront Transit "Reset"
Origin

(October 9, 2015) Report from the Deputy City Manager, Cluster B
Recommendations
The Deputy City Manager, Cluster B, recommends that:

1. City Council direct City staff, working with the Toronto Transit Commission and Waterfront Toronto, to undertake a comprehensive review of waterfront transit initiatives and options, and provide a status update to Executive Committee in Quarter 2 of 2016.

2. City Council direct City staff to fund the waterfront transit reset from the amount allocated for East Bayfront Transit in the Waterfront Revitalization Initiative capital project CWR003-10.

Details at:

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2015.EX9.9

I have more than one friend who live in $1.2M+ houses in Richmond Hill and takes transit to downtown everyday. To assume people who travel far from work are mostly poor is wrong.

Back