News   Apr 25, 2024
 346     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

moMxMu6NRBrzR3tJkObXB688IDMLhLBXBuwYfDCGnWU.jpg

If a mischievous individual were to remove that sign, would the streetcar be scrapped? :p

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/6vmimi/saw_this_last_night_on_a_streetcar_headed_to/

TTC staff was seconded to help the Bombardier staff finish the assembly of the panels. Apparently this happened concurrently with the testing and break-in period.
Though for how many hours, was any of it overtime, and what would they have been doing otherwise. If it was no more than "hold the other end of this" during regular work day, then there'd be no actual cost - and perhaps some training benefit.

I'd think there'd be a pretty grey line between whose work is whose, when they are presumably working together for extended periods, with bugger all to do at times.

Instead we are supposed to accept on face value the veracity of an anonymous user's "information".
How does it feel to be wrong on your "inside" (and unsourced) info?

I know who I believe.

Last edited:
From Vienna to bombardier ... with parts: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/giant-plane-thunder-bay-1.4259410 . Can't believe they managed to land it there... knew TB was a busy airport but did not know there runways were that long.
The Runway is the issue
07/25 7,318 2,231 Asphalt
12/30 5,297 1,615 Asphalt

It only needs a 5 man crew and why 19?? Could be these extra members new crews to help Thunder Bay personnel??

This is a comment from a pilot I know
"I guess the Antonov can get down and up at Thunder Bay. I doubt there is much weight involved, it's not like their carrying tanks. I am sure
they can carry more than enough cabs for 15 cars. dang thing is probably big enough to carry a fully assembled car. wish I were there
to see it take off. main runway is 2,231 meters which should easily handly a lightly loaded or empty Antonov
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-124_Ruslan#/media/File:AN124RampDown.JPG
needs 2,520meter runway fully loaded but it will probably be empty on takeoff so shouldn't be a problem, dang thing has a cargo capacity of
230,000kg "

Last edited:
4441 is in service on 509 heading toward the EX at Bathurst St. What happen to the burn in???

4442 is still in the service bay

Unless something gets posted later to day, another miss month for delivery in a row.

Its very possible BBD flew crews in from Europe to give a hand in getting production back on schedule this week or to train the current manpower to get things done right the first time and doing it faster.

Last edited:
Maybe it's been done already? Why would the TTC do less than 600 km unless something changed?
How many KM does 4 trips From Gunns to Yonge, 8 trips from Bathurst to Gunns, 4 trips from the yard to/from St Clair, 2 round trip from yard to Sunnyside add up to be for the failure?? With the failure, you are at zero and start the process all over again.

It was still in the service bay when I went to bed last night where it been since Thursday last week, with a few trips around the yard Tuesday night.

TTC Updates
Launch of the New Streetcars on St. Clair Avenue West
The long awaited low floor accessible light rail street car will be introduced to St. Clair on Sunday, September 3. These new street cars will replace the TTC's aging street car fleet, with the rollout beginning in 2014 on Spadina and now finally, on St. Clair. The busiest street car line, the #504 on King Street will be the next in line to welcome the new street cars.

Come and celebrate this auspicious occasion along with fellow transit geeks and the community:

Sunday, September 3
St. Clair West Subway – street car level
9:30am – remarks and refreshments
10am – first new street car will travel east from St. Clair West to St. Clair subway

The street car has a capacity for 200 passengers so this will be on a first come first served basis for paying customers. Looking forward to celebrating this historical moment with you!

St.Clair West Subway Station
Our new street-level elevator at the main entrance is finally up and running! This project was a long time in the making, and it is operational just in time for folks to make use of the accessible, low-floor streetcars making their debut on the 512 route this September 3.

The roll out of the new streetcars on the 512 route will continue through early 2018, as the old cars will be replaced one at a time as a new cars comes online. More information on the new streetcars across the network is available here.

Customers should note that these improvements come with some other service changes that may impact your routine. As of September 2, the Heath Street entrance to St Clair West Station will no longer have a collector person available and will operate as an automatic entrance. Access will be by TTC pass or PRESTO card only. Customers paying by cash, ticket or token will need to use the main entrance on St. Clair Avenue West. Notices of this change were delivered to residents in this area last month.

In addition, the 2 hour time-based transfer program that we've enjoyed on the 512 route will have its final day on September 2. As of September 3, customers will need to pay separately for each unique trip.

Once the new LRVs are fully placed on the line, and now that the elevators are in service, it is fair to say that Ward 21 will be fully TTC accessible within the week!

Back