News   May 24, 2024
 9.1K     2 
News   May 24, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 498     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

As for 509 turning at Spadina, could be a problem down line and best to short turn it there to keep service moving.
Possibly it could also be a measure to reduce the number of cars heading into union station loop. It seems like there is often more 509 cars going in then 510 cars at times.

We may see 4441 in service come the 25th if there is no more problems with it. It currently heading north on Bathurst for the 2nd time today after going into the service bay after a trip to St Clair a few hours ago. This the first time since Thursday that 4441 has done a test run and it was only the 3rd then since arrival. It been in various service bays most of the time.

It got outside last night to the yard, but was short live and back into the service bay where it was still when I left late this morning.

If it does make service by the 25th, it will be in time to do 4442.

With only 9 day to go to get 4443 & 4444 ship, not looking good for meeting this month schedule and will be 2 in a row.
Their schedule (if I recall correctly) said 2 in July and 2 in August. They missed July by only delivering 1. If 4443 arrives in August they will not have missed 2 months in a row..they will have met the August target of 2...., they just won't have delivered enough to catch up and get the full year plan back on even keel.....,no?

Their schedule (if I recall correctly) said 2 in July and 2 in August. They missed July by only delivering 1. If 4443 arrives in August they will not have missed 2 months in a row..they will have met the August target of 2...., they just won't have delivered enough to catch up and get the full year plan back on even keel.....,no?
There were actually supposed to be 3 in July; 4440, 4441 and 4442, but only 4440 was delivered. 4441 and 4442 were delivered in August. This month we were supposed to get 2; 4443 and 4444.

That doesn't sound right. I thought they were 1 out in July. Wasn't there an extra one delivered in late June?
4437 arrived May 29, 2017
4438 arrived June 15, 2017
4439 arrived June 22, 2017
4440 arrived July 10, 2017
4441 arrived August 03, 2017

4442 is still missing for July and 4443 & 4444 are Aug cars

4437 arrived May 29, 2017
4438 arrived June 15, 2017
4439 arrived June 22, 2017
4440 arrived July 10, 2017
4441 arrived August 03, 2017

4442 is still missing for July and 4443 & 4444 are Aug cars
4442 is here though...right? So if one more is delivered in August they have made their august delivery "plan" and they are just the one behind from July.

4442 is here though...right? So if one more is delivered in August they have made their august delivery "plan" and they are just the one behind from July.
I believe 4442 is still on its way (someone correct me if I'm wrong). In order for them to be back on schedule, they must deliver 4444 by the end of August. Therefore, 2 cars (not including 4442) still need to be delivered before this month is out as 4442 should have been here already since the end of last month. If they don't deliver 4444 by the end of this month, they are still behind schedule.

I believe 4442 is still on its way (someone correct me if I'm wrong). In order for them to be back on schedule, they must deliver 4444 by the end of August. Therefore, 2 cars (not including 4442) still need to be delivered before this month is out as 4442 should have been here already since the end of last month. If they don't deliver 4444 by the end of this month, they are still behind schedule.
ok..."on it's way"...but unless it takes some bizarre detour we can count it as an August Delivery.....and if 4443 arrives in August (who knows) then they will have delivered the planned 2 in August....yes, they will still be one car behind overall but they will not have two consecutive missed months...which was all I said when I got involved in this discussion....gonna bow out now.

Unless 4442 is delivery today or Tomorrow, its still a missing car for July.

It was noted on Aug 3 that 4442 was ready for pickup and then again on Aug 13. So what happen between the 2 posting and why only showing up now?? It also marks July deliveries being one car short even though 4441 got deliver Aug 3.

So unless 2 cars get ship next week, Aug schedule is going to be miss and the 2nd month in a row. You can't count 4442 as an August car since its still a July car.

4441 is still in the service bay and not looking good for service next week now. Maybe 4442 will be in service before 4441.

Unless 4442 is delivery today or Tomorrow, its still a missing car for July.

It was noted on Aug 3 that 4442 was ready for pickup and then again on Aug 13. So what happen between the 2 posting and why only showing up now?? It also marks July deliveries being one car short even though 4441 got deliver Aug 3.

So unless 2 cars get ship next week, Aug schedule is going to be miss and the 2nd month in a row. You can't count 4442 as an August car since its still a July car.

4441 is still in the service bay and not looking good for service next week now. Maybe 4442 will be in service before 4441.
4441 is out on the road again. Do you just judge it by GPS location?

4441 is out on the road again. Do you just judge it by GPS location?
It went to St Clair for haft a trip and heading home now. It got a problem and after 14 days could be the longest it taken to get a car into service. TTC would love this car in service now with the EX on.

It shows up on the map with all major street in high overview, but can get it close to show other streets.

Should note, as I was heading eastbound on a slow boat to China on a 504 due to traffic, saw 4417 on 511 heading north.

4442 was running (not in service obviously) this evening....I saw it EB on King at Portland just after 7pm tonight.

4442 was running (not in service obviously) this evening....I saw it EB on King at Portland just after 7pm tonight.
Then it arrived today at Hillcrest and now going to Leslie for inspection. If it pass, then the burn in could start Tuesday.

I think the recent delays seem to be the fault of CP rail not making them a priority for them. To them picking them up at Bombardier is out of the way and then moving it into place in Toronto is the same. They used to deliver subway cars by rail to Greenwood yard but they stopped doing that with the Toronto Rockets becuse of them being six car units insted of two car maried pairs., instd they wer shipped by truck to willsion yard.

Back