News   May 10, 2024
 514     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 622     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 852     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

It remains to be seen if the TTC keeps their word on "barring BBD from any further contracts".
I have no recollection of TTC ever saying that they would do that. They may have considered doing that, but I don't recall them deciding to do that.

What's your source on their word on this?

I have no recollection of TTC ever saying that they would do that. They may have considered doing that, but I don't recall them deciding to do that.

What's your source on their word on this?
What does "remains to be seen" mean to you, Fitz? I never stated it had been enacted, but it was a considered option: (and again "it remains to be seen if the TTC keep their word")
A staff report prepared for today's TTC board meeting outlines three options the commission is weighing.

They include "the exclusion of Bombardier from bidding on future contracts for new vehicle purchases for a specified period of time, based on poor performance related to the delivery of the new streetcars."

The report also states that it "expressly reserves the right not to award a specific contract to a company with a poor performance rating history involving the TTC," and says the TTC has the option to terminate the contract.

TTC head Andy Byford said he feels "customers understand the logic that it's better to hold Bombardier to account, it's better to have Bombardier construct better vehicles that work reliably."

In an email sent to CBC News, Marc-André Lefebvre, Bombardier's head of communications, said the company is "aware of this item on the TTC Board agenda, however we will not comment nor make any speculation on what the outcome of the discussion might be on our operations in Ontario." [...]
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tcar-contract-on-the-table-ttc-says-1.3172593

What does "remains to be seen" mean to you, Fitz? I never stated it had been enacted, but it was a considered option: (and again "it remains to be seen if the TTC keep their word")
You said "It remains to be seen if the TTC keeps their word on "barring BBD from any further contracts". TTC said they wouldn't do that, when they considered their options. Instead they sued.

So what exactly do you mean by "keeping their word".

You said "It remains to be seen if the TTC keeps their word on "barring BBD from any further contracts". TTC said they wouldn't do that, when they considered their options. Instead they sued.

So what exactly do you mean by "keeping their word".

There is a subtlety in the whole barring issue. TTC cannot simply bar bbr from bidding as they can launch a legal action against them for anti competition in a govt procurement program.
They could however find ways to "disqualify" the company from winning the bid. However that could also lead to another class action on grounds of shaping the requirements to suit a single
manufacturer hence also "anti competition." (then again hasnt the govt "shaped" the requirement already through the canadian content requirement shit.....?) Its all political here....

Utter nonsense. There will be more contracts with Bombardier. This contract should not influence separate and different future contracts.
Mmmm...tell that to a number of cities, including Toronto:
[...]
On Monday, the transit agency’s board ordered a report by July that would look at whether Bombardier could be shut out of future TTC bids.

Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong, the deputy mayor and TTC board member who called for the report on potential consequences to Bombardier’s late delivery, said it’s one option if Bombardier doesn’t comply with a schedule.

“Typically when we have a bad vendor or a bad contractor in construction we say, ‘You can’t bid. We’re not going to let you bid on future contracts for a certain amount of time.’ My understanding is we may have some future contracts with respect to rolling stock and my understanding is we could tell Bombardier, ‘We don’t want you to bid on these contracts,’ ” he said.[...]
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tr...t-heat-on-bombardier-for-late-streetcars.html

I believe TTC took delivery of 4423 on July 23 and it went into service Aug 9.

4402 was schedule to be here this month another miss date.

We stand at about 37 days since 4423 arrive and up with the rest for long time frame between delivery.

Are we going to see any car in Sept or will see as may as 3??

Oct-Dec may see 6 cars, but will they all be in service by Dec 30th??

I'd asume that there'd be a 2-week summer shutdown of the plant.

they really have some audacity to assume they can afford a summer shut down. I would think that given their plight they would do the opposite and ramp up more shifts...
if its the former case, would it be because of union regulations?

Back