News   May 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   May 24, 2024
 593     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 322     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

All cynicism aside, these do seem to be real and tangible steps to increase the production rate.
Agreed, but Bombardier will still be looking at the TTC's alternatives and switching costs, along with potential damage to the company brand, and acting accordingly. It doesn't seem to be hurting Bombardier Transportation, as they're getting new contracts in Europe, and the TTC is forced to buy everything from Bombardier due to least cost and CanCon contracting. That's how I'd be running Bombardier's risk assessment on this.

Bombardier needs to deliver ALL 14 Flexity Freedoms to Kitchener-Waterloo by end of 2017.

Hamilton LRT will benefit hugely from the positivity from an operating Kitchener-Waterloo LRT before the 2018 election.

4420 was in service today.

That makes it 17 days after 4419 went into service.
I see 4420 went into service like 4418 without the big boys knowing that caused them to announce it days later. I guess we will see that notice for 4420 either Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was expecting the car to surface in time for the long weekend and one day off.

Now when is 4421 expected to arrive as well 4402???

Waterloo should have all their cars by June 2017 if no more surprises show up.

Waterloo LRT will be up and running before 2018 election, but not sure if it will help the mess in Hamilton at this time. We should know in June if the LRT will live or die and a great mistake if it dies.

Now when is 4421 expected to arrive as well 4402???

I believe either BBD or TTC have stated that 4402 will not be returned--it has been deemed impractical to upgrade it due to a very high odometer, difficulties with the upgrade, and cost-prohibitiveness vs simply building a new car, so they're just going to build a fresh one; either 4604 or "4402". Likely going to be the same with 4401.

I believe either BBD or TTC have stated that 4402 will not be returned--it has been deemed impractical to upgrade it due to a very high odometer, difficulties with the upgrade, and cost-prohibitiveness vs simply building a new car, so they're just going to build a fresh one; either 4604 or "4402". Likely going to be the same with 4401.

Shades of the Avro Arrow. Should we start passing the hat on behalf of the Rockwood museum? How ironic if one landed in a museum before the production order was even half completed.

EDIT - Afterthought - why would they not be utilised for the interim, without the ramp.....as an alternative to life extending two ALRV's that aren't compliant either?

- Paul

Something is en route - arrived in White River this morning; I'd guess would arrive on Wednesday.
Humm!! Maybe on display this Sat.

I must miss that as I haven't heard that for 4402. Not surprising if a new one is to replace it with the same number

As for 4401, that wouldn't be a surprise considering the mileage on it.

Maybe 4401 will make it to Rockwood first this year, depending on what BBD want to do with this car.

Looking at a 2006 spreadsheet for 2006, it was saying TTC needed 325 cars come 2020. If TTC was to have this many cars, another carhouse will have to be built.

Here is TTC 4420 northbound on the 510 Spadina Line Saturday afternoon, May 21st, 2016, at Front St. This picture was taken from the Front St. northbound platform.
IMG_7896.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7896.JPG
    IMG_7896.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 1,107
At this point, we must have enough cars to stock the Spadina 510 fleet, no? What's next? Isn't the new schedule to start up on the new King 514?

At this point, we must have enough cars to stock the Spadina 510 fleet, no? What's next? Isn't the new schedule to start up on the new King 514?
They still don't have enough cars for the 509. I doubt they'll run the 509 with all new cars considering the tiny Fleet Loop can't hold more than 1 new car.

They still don't have enough cars for the 509. I doubt they'll run the 509 with all new cars considering the tiny Fleet Loop can't hold more than 1 new car.

There are 3 on 509 right now. (Sunday evening.) First time I have seen more than one on the route in a while. Today, during the day, 510 was 100% Flexities. 514 is next, but we have been warned that they will pop up on other routes and generally be mixed into the fleet after that from what I have read.

When's the 506 Carlton route (Main Stn to High Park) planned to move to the new cars, based on revised delivery schedules? The turn at Parliament and Carlton will be interesting to watch, plus Parliament and Gerrard once Regent Park redevelopment at that corners gets underway.

Back