News   Jul 16, 2024
 627     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 569     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 711     2 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

AFAIK just replacing worn out trackage and turnouts, similar to the earlier work at Russell. I don't know whether the new track has any mods or enhancements to accommodate Flexities, but it was needing doing anyways.

- Paul
Both yards are to be brought up to Flixities standards since they will house them after 2018-25 when the existing fleet is gone. The overhead at both yards as well King & Queen are preventing the use of the pans for 509 & 510 now.

Both yards are to be brought up to Flixities standards since they will house them after 2018-25 when the existing fleet is gone. The overhead at both yards as well King & Queen are preventing the use of the pans for 509 & 510 now.

There is no "Flexities standards" for trackwork. They are replacing everything with new track in the exact same configuration as before.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

But since they're being delivered at a rate of one streetcar per month it would take until 2031 to replace the entire red rocket fleet.

Word is 4418 went into service on 509 last night at peak time and no in service notice issue by TTC like the past.

If so, longer than 4417 going into service upon arrival and 17 (49) days after 4417 going into service.

This would put 4419 in service by April 26, assuming it shows up by April 16 or sooner.

Last edited:
Word is 4418 went into service on 509 last night peak time and no in service notice issue by TTC like the past.

TransSee is currently listing 4418 as running on 510.

According to the CPTDB wiki, 4417 went into service on February 19th. If 4418 indeed went live yesterday, that makes it 49 days, over a month and a half, between cars.

4 a month? Fat chance.

Word is 4418 went into service on 509 last night at peak time and no in service notice issue by TTC like the past.

If so, longer than 4417 going into service upon arrival and 17 days after 4417 going into service.

This would put 4419 in service by April 26, assuming it shows up by April 16 or sooner.

4418 is in service right now on 510 southbound. I am on it.

TransSee is currently listing 4418 as running on 510.

According to the CPTDB wiki, 4417 went into service on February 19th. If 4418 indeed went live yesterday, that makes it 49 days, over a month and a half, between cars.

4 a month? Fat chance.
Gee!! forgot to add the March days. 4 a month starting this month is someone looking for a new job.

Listening to the Feds, not going to help the company that much.

Furthermore. It's weird that there are so few of these things that we can count them at all. We can only keep track of these because there are so few to keep track of. That, and that 4417 hasn't shown up in service for weeks....two steps forward. One...

Furthermore. It's weird that there are so few of these things that we can count them at all. We can only keep track of these because there are so few to keep track of. That, and that 4417 hasn't shown up in service for weeks....two steps forward. One...
I still think that we need to give real names to the Flexities - numbers are so 'anonymous'. Rather than 4418 I want to say I am on the "Spirit of Spadina" or ???? Of course we might end up with publicly selected names like Boaty McBoatface. See: http://www.theguardian.com/environm...urface-in-quest-to-name-polar-research-vessel

Back