News   May 03, 2024
 868     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 538     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 263     0 

TTC eyes 24 hour subway service

Re: ...

How am i changing the topic? I responded to something someone else said previously. If im guilty of changing the subject then you are just as guilty for responding to my response.

Re: ...

I mean that it's tough to discuss things when it's first about travelling from MCC to Downtown via one subway ride, then it changes to using MT to travel from somewhere close to MCC on a bus to a location on the TTC downtown somewhere, then it changes to travelling from Meadowvale to downtown.

Well, what are we comparing and discussing? It's hard to aim for a moving target.

"Well, what are we comparing and discussing? It's hard to aim for a moving target."

First, it was about extending the Bloor line to somewhere in Mississauga where it would connect with the Eglinton line at the airport. Cacruden shifted the discussion to downtown on one end and you shifted it to MCC on the other...everyone else was talking about travelling from 6650 Anywhere Crescent, Mississauga, to the 5th floor of Random Office, Inc., Toronto.

^ Hmmmmm......

I responded to a comment about extending the line in certain directions. So technically, the conversation was already off the rails by the time I responded. But seriously when you talk about transit, and where money goes -- it is all interconnected. If you want a discussion where someone posts a topic, and people are must only respond to the content of the original poster (as in court) then this board will be a very dry and boring place.

I did not here any calls immediately after the posting of "Objection, Objection" and no ruling from the court :rollin

A 24-hour subway service may be nice on Friday and Saturday evenings, but I doubt it is warranted for the rest of the week. Also, keep in mind that with the City of Toronto Act last call may soon be 04:00 anyway.

A 24-hour subway service may be nice on Friday and Saturday evenings, but I doubt it is warranted for the rest of the week. Also, keep in mind that with the City of Toronto Act last call may soon be 04:00 anyway.

I'm not sure...this is just being planned for the Yonge and University/Spadina lines right now. I've used the VC during the weekday and it can get pretty busy with night workers and other commuters. One night it was absolutely packed.

5-10 minute frequencies could work well for the late night/early morning service.

Back