News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 562     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Transit Fantasy Maps

Thought I would create a huge infrastructure fantasy map, of multiple different kinds....
You forgot one.

Here's what we're going to get new if we elect Huday:
White-DarkBlue-Glow-square.png

I hate maps with shitloads of subways to York and none to Mississauga. I also hate that Mississauga doesn't fight for subways.

Why aren't all the highways linked together? Specifically the two that are just north of all the other highways in southern Ontario. I don't really understand much about our highway system.

I hate maps with shitloads of subways to York and none to Mississauga. I also hate that Mississauga doesn't fight for subways.

Because Mississauga's transport patterns are different than York? Much less focused on Toronto. The Toronto trips that do exist are better served by GO systems.. I mean to even get the bloor danforth line to Missisauga you would be looking at an almost hour long subway ride to downtown.. GO is much more effective at serving that trip.

Mississauga doesn't want subways. They want the transit they know they will actually get and will serve them well. I applaud the pragmatism. Everyone else could learn a thing or two.

And I don't understand why anyone would want a subway to Mississauga. GO would do a far better job. Do you really want to be on Line 2 stopping every 700m? That sounds horrible. Seriously. Subways aren't the solution to everything.

Scarborough is already served by subway...

I think subway extension along Dundas to connect to Hurontario LRT would make sense. An LRT line to serve the same purpose would be rather short. Dundas is as busy as Yonge (20,000 boardings per weekday for 1/101/201 combined in 2012), and entirely commercial, so it's not like the ridership or redevelopment potential is not there.

The primary purpose of such an extension would be serve Dundas, and integrate it with Bloor-Danforth, rather than merely give Mississauga riders a connection to downtown.

The farthest west the 2 line should travel is to Sherway.

Staying on the topic of transit visions for the future, what if the Milton line was rerouted east of Dixie to travel underneath the Queensway and Queen St. into downtown? I know others have proposed the idea of a central RER distributor tunnel underneath Queen but perhaps extending this tunnel westward would allow for a faster, more direct route for the Milton line while also creating a transit hub at Sherway between the GO and TTC routes for eastern Mississsauga and Etobicoke.

The farthest west the 2 line should travel is to Sherway.

Compelling argument.

Staying on the topic of transit visions for the future, what if the Milton line was rerouted east of Dixie to travel underneath the Queensway and Queen St. into downtown? I know others have proposed the idea of a central RER distributor tunnel underneath Queen but perhaps extending this tunnel westward would allow for a faster, more direct route for the Milton line while also creating a transit hub at Sherway between the GO and TTC routes for eastern Mississsauga and Etobicoke.

Anyone who proposes a transit hub for Mississauga at Sherway clearly doesn't know much about Mississauga. Any transit hub for eastern Mississauga would be at Cloverdale, not Sherway.

Back