Toronto Totem Condos | 64m | 18s | Worsley Urban | RAW Design

I understand that a developer recently purchased all 4 houses immediately to the west of the apartment building at 40 dundonald (for $3mil a piece), so more density likely coming just east of Totem.

Do you mean 41 Dundonald? The four detached houses on the South side of the street? Would be nice if they kept townhouses fronting on Dundonald with a tower behind, if that's the case. That street has a really nice feel to it - I think it would be a shame to see it turn into another the next Charles St, with glass tower after glass tower.

There really is a TON of imminent change in the Church/Wellesley area - sure hope it helps strengthen the area & not kill it!

Passed by today. Building still up but TTC is doing their portion of the link to 17 Dundonald. I guess the builder has to wait for TTC to finish...

The TTC work to build the second Wellesley station access (just to the west of Totem and to be incorporated into its base) is moving along slowly. From yesterday:

P1450014.jpg

P1450013.jpg

Attachments

• P1450013.jpg
    P1450013.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 1,379
  • P1450014.jpg
    P1450014.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 1,401
They really should keep that canopy over the front door; it is beautiful. Lighting its underside would look sharp at night.

I went back to one of the original renderings to get a better look at the new subway entrance, and based on the rendering there isn't a plan to use that canopy for it.

TotemSubwayEnt1280.jpg

Attachments

• TotemSubwayEnt1280.jpg
    TotemSubwayEnt1280.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 1,186
I (fortunately/unfortunately?) am not one to mourn any loss here. I hated that building. Looked like every underfunded, run down elementary school everywhere small town rural Canada. Which is not something I fondly look back on.
I guess it is true that there is not a lot of structures like this in the city. I just can't make myself be sad about that. Totem looks a lot more interesting to me. I am biased I guess

Back