647     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 335     0 

Toronto's Ugliest Building

Re: Toronto's Ugliest & most destructive Building

uk_lawsuit_southpark.jpg

Again, when's the date? Late 1940s?

Please, please, Scientologists, don't ever replace the sash...

we are blessed with exemplars of the ugliest variety in this city, there are many pretenders to the throne, but surely none is less respectful of opportunity and completely butt ugly than the Hudson's Bay Centre.

a fauxzation of the Sheraton Centre could tip the balance...in its present state mostly it's its bonehead siting across from the city's living room, casting it in shadow for most of the winter that makes it a contender.

good nominations though.

Welcome to the board, 4Pook.

What's faux about the Sheraton Centre?

Nothing; I think it's just a response to my comment that if the recent "porte cochere" renos were applied to the whole exterior, you'd be wishing for the Brutalism back...

that's it. down my street a house is getting stucco and keystones. it is not a pretty sight. Just imagine the Sheraton Centre with big classical columns and a pediment stuck on the side. don't laugh it could happen. remember that the north wing of the Park Plaza was once mod.

remember that the north wing of the Park Plaza was once mod.

Yes, by Peter Dickinson. Ditto the Courtyard Marriott at Yonge and College:

westbury1.jpeg

...whose reno definitely qualifies in "ugliest building" sweepstakes...

OCAD is by far the ugliest P.O.S. in the city, probably in the country, and likely in the world. Also just want to point out Main and Broadview don't intersect, but then again you could leave the intersection out, as all Canadian Tires, regardless of intersection are egregiously ugly.

OCAD is very tastefully intergrated into its surroundings. It does exactly what it's meant to do, which is to be different.

I was disgusted by the design when I first saw it, but overtime I had realized what an artistic masterpiece it is.

"OCAD is by far the ugliest P.O.S. in the city, probably in the country, and likely in the world."

What the???????
At least provide a reason why you think it's the ugliest building in the world.
I find it to be one of the best pieces of architecture that has gone up in all of Canada in the past decade.

OCAD is by far the ugliest P.O.S. in the city, probably in the country, and likely in the world. Also just want to point out Main and Broadview don't intersect, but then again you could leave the intersection out, as all Canadian Tires, regardless of intersection are egregiously ugly.

Geez, 4land, you are a lot of fun (please note my sarcasm). Well, welcome to the forum anyway.

I welcomed OCAD with open arms. Off-the-wall stuff works well for a city like Toronto. Bring on more Alsop 'bad boy' stuff as far as I am concerned.

221529352_bbee2d789b.jpg

Opinions?

What is the inside of it like, i stayed in it when i was really young cause i had to have surgery but i do not really remeber what it was like inside.

Ive heard some say Mount Sanai is pretty ugly but i do not really think its that bad compared to the nightmare just a block or so away.

Back